Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CIN/STL Trade Idea

Re: CIN/STL Trade Idea

Quote Originally Posted by jared7817
    NO! That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard....
    I agree, but not in the same sense that you mean it. Anthony Reyes is one of the top pitching spects in baseball, and Kearns still hasn't lived up to his potential. The Cardinals would regret trading Reyes. He is in AAA because the Cardinals don't need him in the rotation yet, and he could use a little more time in the minors. The Cardinals will need him in the rotation next year.

Kearns' trade value is low, and Reyes' is high. A Kearns for Wainwright trade is more realistic.
    Last edited by MattyHo4Life; 03-26-2006 at 05:16 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    I agree, but not in the same sense that you mean it. Anthony Reyes is one of the top pitching spects in baseball, and Kearns still hasn't lived up to his potential. The Cardinals would regret trading Reyes. He is in AAA because the Cardinals don't need him in the rotation yet, and he could use a little more time in the minors. The Cardinals will need him in the rotation next year.

Kearns' trade value is low, and Reyes' is high. A Kearns for Wainwright trade is more realistic.
    I'm wouldn't even give up Wainwright for him right now. Kearns has had some success in the majors but hasn't shown he's completely over being flattened by Ray King a few years ago. And while you can't read too much into ST stats, Wainwright appears to be putting it together and is only 23. I not saying I wouldn't deal him, just not now when there isn't a whole lot to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    Ok, the Cards just sent down Anthony Reyes. They have a glaring need for an outfielder. How about Kearns for Reyes?
    not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Izzardius
    I'm wouldn't even give up Wainwright for him right now. Kearns has had some success in the majors but hasn't shown he's completely over being flattened by Ray King a few years ago. And while you can't read too much into ST stats, Wainwright appears to be putting it together and is only 23. I not saying I wouldn't deal him, just not now when there isn't a whole lot to be had.
    I wouldn't either, but I think it is a lot more realistic than Anthony Reyes. Reyes isn't going to be traded for anybody. I like Wainwright a lot, and I wish there was a way to fit him into the Cardinals rotation now. Besides, I'm not conviced that Kearns would even hit better than Rodriguez.
    Last edited by MattyHo4Life; 03-26-2006 at 02:37 PM.

How about Arroyo for Reyes?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    You're just playing with me now...aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by VI_RedsFan
    I would definately do it. But, I'm a little shakey about trading Kearns to a team in our division.
    Imagine how nervous the Cardinals would be trading a future Ace to a team in their own division.

You're just playing with me now...aren't you?
    I know that you would rather have Reyes, as would I, but I don't know is LaRussa and Jocketty would feel the same.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I know that you would rather have Reyes, as would I, but I don't know is LaRussa and Jocketty would feel the same.
    I can't imagine anybody would prefer Arroyo over Reyes.

I can't imagine anybody would prefer Arroyo over Reyes.
    You ever heard of Dan O'brien?

You ever heard of Dan O'brien?
    Ok...you have me there.

I could see LaRussa putting Arroyo in the rotation over Reyes if Arroyo was already on the team, to give Reyes more time in the minors. I don't see Jocketty ever considering a trade involving Arroyo and Reyes.

Imagine how nervous the Cardinals would be trading a future Ace to a team in their own division.
    Good point.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

No.

Turn Off Ads?