Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Angels looking for veteran LH hitting reserve...

Angels looking for veteran LH hitting reserve...

From the LA Times:
    The Angels, according to several sources, are searching for a veteran left-handed hitting reserve player and would be willing to part with reliever Esteban Yan or Kevin Gregg in a trade.

If Dallas McPherson opens the season at triple-A Salt Lake, four of the Angels' five projected bench players — the backup catcher (Jose Molina or Jeff Mathis), Edgardo Alfonzo, Robb Quinlan and Salmon — would bat right-handed. Utility infielder Maicer Izturis is a switch-hitter.
    ...say hello to my little friend:
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Angels looking for veteran LH hitting reserve...

Nah, Hatteberg. I'd take Gregg for Hatteberg and make the Angels sign off real fast before they changed their mind. Of course, we can always throw in Womack

That is the team you want to be dealing with, but you don't want Gregg or Yan, although I could live with either for Womack or Hatteberg or both. You want some of their kids.

RotoHester

What about Cruz?

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I would think if the Angels of whatever, wanted hatteberg they would have signed him themselves since they saw him 20 times a year in Oakland
    Last edited by LincolnparkRed; 03-24-2006 at 05:47 PM.

If we can convince Tony Womack to change his name to Antonio Womarez, Arte Moreno would grab him up in a heartbeat.

If the Angels would agree to take Womack off our hands, I'd take Lyman Bostock for him.

I have an idea let's trade them someone we don't want for one of their best pitching prospects!
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

From the Orange County Register:
    The Angels have offered Esteban Yan to the Baltimore Orioles for Yorba Linda's David Newhan, but Baltimore doesn't want to take on Yan's $1.25million salary given the erratic results. Baltimore prefers Kevin Gregg, but the Angels appear interested in keeping Gregg at Triple-A as depth.
    I'd take Gregg for Hatteberg and then sign Carlos Pena. Just a thought.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Turn Off Ads?