Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2006 Dayton Dragons

2006 Dayton Dragons

I'm curious if anyone knows who projects to start the year at Dayton. I have an inkling that the Dragons will have a good team this year.

I really hope Ben Mummy and Travis Wood are at Dayton, they are two players I want to get a good look at.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2006 Dayton Dragons

I'd imagine you'll see Jay Bruce there as well in his first full season of pro ball. He should get a ton of time at Dayton before moving to the FSL.

Depending on what some of the other pitchers do, you'll probably see maybe Zach Ward start off in Dayton early coming back from being held out last year. Maybe James Avery and/or Jeff Stevens from last year's draft too. They could have a much better team.

Also look for Sam LeCure. 4th round out of Texas last year (acedemically ineligible for 2005). Billings went 5-1 with 3.27 era, 41 ip, 44 k, 15 bb, 43 hits.

Nothing magical, but who knows.

LeCure will probably start in Sarasota.

My guess would be most of these will probably spend some time in Dayton this season:

Travis Wood, lhp
    Wirfin Obispo, rhp
    Jeff Stevens, rhp
    James Avery, rhp
    Charles Fisher, rhp
    Terrell Young, rhp
    Philippe Valiquette, lhp
    Rafael Gonzalez, rhp(if he shows up)
    Jay Bruce, of
    Brandon Roberts, of
    Michael Jones, ss
    Michael De Jesus, 2b
    Ben Mummy, 1b
    Lonny Roa, c

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Onbasemachine I agree with most of those, but I would be suprised if Michael Jones was in Dayton anytime before August, he seemed overwhelmed in Billings last year for the most part. Also I would think Brandon Roberts would go to Sarasota also. The rest of those look pretty good. Travis Wood is already listed on their roster on both the teams official site roster and through milb.com, so I would say he is there for sure.
    Personally I know I cant wait to see the minor leagues opening rosters, almost as much as the final big league roster.

Turn Off Ads?