Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Cuts Made

More Cuts Made

This from Marc's blog.....

More cuts

SARASOTA -- Four more guys are out, none of them surprises (at least from my roster projection).

Michael Gosling, Justin Germano and Chris Denorfia have been optioned to Louisville. Jung Keun Bong was reassigned to minor league camp.

__________________________________________________ _______________
    So much for Deno making the team

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: More Cuts Made

Hey Chris, Brady Clark wants to know your address so he can send his condolences for your career path.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Deno never had a chance.

Sad.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Deno never had a chance.

Sad.
    He'll be back before long.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

That's a shame, I was hoping Chris would make it. Stick him in the outfield please!

(or trade for Ryan Shealy)
    And this one belongs to the Reds

If he's not starting everyday, he should be in AAA playing every day. He will be back before the end of the season when another OF is probably traded or if/when Hatteburg crashes and burns at 1st base.

He will also be the 1st called up if one of the outfielders gets hurt and will be taking their place everyday.

He needs to play everyday wherever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by timmario66
    If he's not starting everyday, he should be in AAA playing every day. He will be back before the end of the season when another OF is probably traded or if/when Hatteburg crashes and burns at 1st base.

He will also be the 1st called up if one of the outfielders gets hurt and will be taking their place everyday.

He needs to play everyday wherever it is.
    I absolutely agree that Denorfia needs to be playing every day and will grow at Louisville. He will be needed some time this year and will be a great addition to the line-up at that time.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I dont understand the "he needs to play everyday" thing with Denorfia. He will be 26 years old this year. He isnt a young guy who has a lot to learn still.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    Hey Chris, Brady Clark wants to know your address so he can send his condolences for your career path.
    Ditto, what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    I dont understand the "he needs to play everyday" thing with Denorfia. He will be 26 years old this year. He isnt a young guy who has a lot to learn still.
    I'm about half with you there--except I think there is some merit to the argument that he is not accustomed to playing part time, so he may not be the best option if he's not going to play everyday--but then if he's projecting as a 4th OFer anyhow, which I think he is, why not start the learning how to come off the bench process. I'm pretty sure the Reds see DeWayne Wise and Denorfia as redundant and are going with Wise for a lefty bat off the bench.

I do know one thing--it hurts my head to try to come up with rationilizations for Reds' moves sometimes.

I agree Chris should be playing everyday -- and given Narron's preferences, AAA makes the most sense for him right now.

Unfortunately, he should be our starting CF, with Junior in LF, and Dunn at 1B. If none of the current OF are going to be traded, Kriv would be smart to trade Deno now, so that we get more value in return that we ended up getting for Brady Clark (Shawn (T)Estes).
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Here is another possible player for AAA. I hope he accepts the assignment.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin
    Move pending: Reliever Jason Standridge, who was taken off the 40-man roster on Tuesday after Ross was acquired, cleared waivers and was sent outright to Triple-A Louisville. Standridge has three days to accept the assignment or declare himself a free agent.

Wouldn't it be a bit foolish to declare himself a free agent if he passed through waivers? Or am I missing something?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Wouldn't it be a bit foolish to declare himself a free agent if he passed through waivers? Or am I missing something?
    No. Because any club could sign him for whatever price he can command. If he accepted the assignment with LOU, he'd have to play there at minor league wages. You never know who might want to sign him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Yes, but if no one was interested enough to claim him off waivers, why would they be interested in him as a free agent? Wouldn't it cost them more that way?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?