Turn Off Ads?

Thread: OT:matt700wlw 700 wlw xm 173 blackouts

OT:matt700wlw 700 wlw xm 173 blackouts

matt, i know we can't get the reds games on xm wlw 173. my question is in reguards to xavier or uc basketball. i was trying to listen to the bearcat nit game tonight online at wlw and got talk radio instead. last night i watched the xavier game but was able to listen to the post game over the net on wlw. since the internet feed is now xm are we going to get blocked from listening to xavier or uc games online now?
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OT:matt700wlw 700 wlw xm 173 blackouts

I can't answer the question, but during a Reds blackout on 173 they pulled programming from their sister sports station and played a basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan
    matt, i know we can't get the reds games on xm wlw 173. my question is in reguards to xavier or uc basketball. i was trying to listen to the bearcat nit game tonight online at wlw and got talk radio instead. last night i watched the xavier game but was able to listen to the post game over the net on wlw. since the internet feed is now xm are we going to get blocked from listening to xavier or uc games online now?
    I don't know about regular season but I know XM had to black out the Xavier game last night because Sirius has the rights to broadcast NCAA tournament games.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    I don't know about regular season but I know XM had to black out the Xavier game last night because Sirius has the rights to broadcast NCAA tournament games.

i wonder if its the same for nit games as well?

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

It may only be because it's tournament time...I'd have to check with someone to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    It may only be because it's tournament time...I'd have to check with someone to know for sure.

thanks matt. i know alot of fans do count on the internet feed for the xavier and uc games. i would hate to lose that because wlw went to xm radio.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

That blackout kind of stinks. I don't have xm, but my mother, who is an over the road truck driver, is wanting to get it for her truck because I told her that wlw was on there now. So if the Reds games are blacked out on xm, that brings up another question. Are there stations on there that carry MLB and NFL games? The main reason she wanted it was to get the Reds and Bengals games when she's away from Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    That blackout kind of stinks. I don't have xm, but my mother, who is an over the road truck driver, is wanting to get it for her truck because I told her that wlw was on there now. So if the Reds games are blacked out on xm, that brings up another question. Are there stations on there that carry MLB and NFL games? The main reason she wanted it was to get the Reds and Bengals games when she's away from Cincinnati.
    She can get all MLB games on XM. They have a whole set of stations on XM that carry every single MLB game. The NFL is on Sirius not XM.

WAGS

XM carries college basketball too

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    XM carries college basketball too

i believe they carry the pac-10, big 10 and acc.

i believe they carry the pac-10, big 10 and acc.
    They also just added the Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    They also just added the Big East.
    you are correct.

matt, did you have any luck finding out anything?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

matt, did you have any luck finding out anything?
    I didn't (I forgot, sorry), but now it doesn't matter

I didn't (I forgot, sorry), but now it doesn't matter

yes it does for me. being a xavier fan that lives 210 miles away it was nice to listen to the road games on my PC. with wlw being on XM i'm worried that we may not be able to do that any longer. if it was just for tourny games i can live with that but it would stink if it was for the regular season as well. do you know the date in which wlw went to XM?

thanks!

Turn Off Ads?