Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Man, you gotta love this about Carson Palmer...

Man, you gotta love this about Carson Palmer...

Palmer serious about rivalry with Steelers

CINCINNATI — As soon as the Pittsburgh Steelers were mentioned, Carson Palmer’s mood changed. The Bengals quarterback went from light and lively to dark and serious during his news conference at Paul Brown Stadium on Thursday.

Palmer didn’t want the Steelers to win the Super Bowl, but they went ahead and won it anyway.
    After the Bengals beat Pittsburgh at Heinz Field, 38-31, on Dec. 4, the Steelers reeled off eight straight victories, culminating with Super Bowl XL.

“It just pisses me off,” Palmer fumed. “I was watching them play, and kept going back in my head the last time we beat them at their stadium. I just wanted Seattle to win so bad, and was getting so mad at all the things that were going on in that game. I ended up not watching the rest of it once they were pulling away.

“They’re (the Steelers) the team that nobody in our locker room likes. They’re our rival, and you never want to see your rival win. It just gives us that much more motivation going into their stadium, or when they come into ours, to beat ‘em.

“Now they’re the top dog and they’ve got everybody gunning at ‘em. They’re going to get our best game twice a year. They’re going to get everybody’s best game because they’re the defending World Champs.”

Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who unleashed the Bengals’ “Who Dey” chant during the Steelers’ Super Bowl parade, admitted at the NFL Combine he’s “added way too much to (the rivalry),”

“That’s great,” Palmer said. “I love it. Rivalry games are the most fun games for the fans, the players ... you just can’t stand the guys that are on the other sideline. It brings out that much more emotion and makes the game that much more fun. So when (Cowher) started doing that, I was still (angry) that they won, but I just realized he might have said something he shouldn’t have said. Now it will just fuel our fire a little bit more and make us a little bit hungrier to beat ‘em.”
    That's the guy I want leading my team.

I'm tellin' you guys...the Bengals-Steelers rivalry is now MUCH bigger than the Browns-Steelers.

And I LOVE IT that Carson hates those guys so much!

WHO DEY!?!
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Man, you gotta love this about Carson Palmer...

Quote Originally Posted by max venable

I'm tellin' you guys...the Bengals-Steelers rivalry is now MUCH bigger than the Browns-Steelers.

WHO DEY!?!
    You might want to start popping some decaf.

The Browns and Steelers have been beating the crap out of each other since 1950. True, the Steelers have owned the Browns so much lately, that the mortgage is paid. But from 1950-1970, the Browns owned the Steelers - and boy there were some games in the 70's and 80's.

The Bengals are like the little Pomeranian that nips at the ankles. They're always barking at you, sometimes they draw some blood, but overall just a nuisence.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

right now...which is a bigger rivalry?

I know the history of the browns-steelers. I'm saying RIGHT NOW it's Bengals-Steelers.

The Browns have been such a non-factor lately it's like "who cares?"

Ask the Steelers who they hate more...they'd say Bengals. I mean, cripe, Bill Cowher was mocking the Who Dey chant in the parade after the Super Bowl.

Until the Browns are decent again (and that may be this year...who knows), the Bengals - Steelers game is it.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath

The Browns and Steelers have been beating the crap out of each other since 1950. True, the Steelers have owned the Browns so much lately, that the mortgage is paid. But from 1950-1970, the Browns owned the Steelers - and boy there were some games in the 70's and 80's.

The Bengals are like the little Pomeranian that nips at the ankles. They're always barking at you, sometimes they draw some blood, but overall just a nuisence.
    I think the last time the Steelers and Browns played a meaningful game was four years ago. And that was Browns II. Browns I, also known as the Ravens, carried on the rivalry you're referring to. Then, that's so much living in the past...

Even though the old AFC Central may not be no more - the rivalry/hatred between those teams stil exists. Just ask any of the respective fans.

It's simply appropriate that when a team is not being competitive, such as the Browns, and the Bengals (until as of late), that their opposition isn't going to take them seriously, and even mock them.

But I'd drag my mother-in-law over 6 miles of broken glass if it meant a Brown win over the Steelers.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    But I'd drag my mother-in-law over 6 miles of broken glass if it meant a Brown win over the Steelers.
    Ouch! I've never heard that one before. Either you really don't like your mother-in-law, or you really don't like the Steelers, or both.

Oh, and I love Carson's attitude and quotes in the article!

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Ouch! I've never heard that one before. Either you really don't like your mother-in-law, or you really don't like the Steelers, or both.

Oh, and I love Carson's attitude and quotes in the article!
    Actually - I love her to death. But sacrifices have to be made.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'm not a fan of either team, but I absolutely love Carson Palmer. I first became interested in college football in 1999 or so(I believe Carson's soph year at SC), I became a huge fan of Pac-10 football and a fan of USC in about the fourth game of Carson's senior year when he had a huge game at Oregon. I've been a big fan of Carson and his old school ever since.

I can't wait to see him back and 100% healthy next year. Future multi MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I'm not a fan of either team, but I absolutely love Carson Palmer. I first became interested in college football in 1999 or so(I believe Carson's soph year at SC), I became a huge fan of Pac-10 football and a fan of USC in about the fourth game of Carson's senior year when he had a huge game at Oregon. I've been a big fan of Carson and his old school ever since.

I can't wait to see him back and 100% healthy next year. Future multi MVP.
    I fall into your category OBM, not a Bengals fan, or really any team's fan--but Palmer is so much fun to watch it's really pretty riveting. Sounds like a cool kid, too.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

As a hard-core Bengals fan, it's an honor to have Carson Palmer leading this franchise.

When's football start?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath

That Pomeranian just turned into a Doberman Pincher with a mix of German Shepherd.

Next year will be tough for the Bengals', but going forward, they should have some good, if not great, years ahead of them.

Doing little things like winning the division championship.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I like the Bengals and always have. But I like Carson Palmer even more! And after what Pittsburgh did to Palmer last year. Steelers lookout this year. The Bengals will have sweet revenge. Has football season started yet?

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    right now...which is a bigger rivalry?

I know the history of the browns-steelers. I'm saying RIGHT NOW it's Bengals-Steelers.

The Browns have been such a non-factor lately it's like "who cares?"

Ask the Steelers who they hate more...they'd say Bengals. I mean, cripe, Bill Cowher was mocking the Who Dey chant in the parade after the Super Bowl.

Until the Browns are decent again (and that may be this year...who knows), the Bengals - Steelers game is it.
    Yes, I agree definately that the Bengals/Steelers is the primary division rivalry if not one of the best in football currently. Historically the Browns and Steelers are bigger rivalries but that rivalry just doesn't exist right now, you can't have a rivalry if one team does all the winning.

Turn Off Ads?