Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grace accuses Sosa of juicing

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Grace accuses Sosa of juicing

That's two former teammates now to turn on Sosa.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I absolutely hate Sosa. He had a pre-canned apology for when his bat broke and cork was revealed.
    Last edited by Joseph; 03-25-2006 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmlx9
    I absolutely hate Sosa. He had a pre-canned apology for when his bat broke and cork was revealed.
    Last edited by Joseph; 03-25-2006 at 10:49 AM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

ajmlx9....ever heard of anger management?

I think we all knew of the possibility that Sosa was using steroids. The only loophole that I can see is that without a hard rule against steroids baseball was operating on the condition that steroids were an illegal narcotic and thus players could be punished IF they were caught with them. However, to my knowledge steroids are legal in the Domincan Republic. So in the off season when Sosa was at home he wasn't breaking any laws and there wasn't a hard rule in baseball against it.

Baseball has screwed this issue up so much that this is the only punishment players are ever going to get...public perception. Any of the great players will be judged by the Hall of Fame voting and only the truly worthy will be inducted into the Hall. Sure some players who used steroids, epsecially recovery steroids that don't bulk you up, will sneek into the hall of fame. But the voting staff will have to start taking a more critical look at players.

I absolutely hate Sosa. He had a pre-canned apology for when his bat broke and cork was revealed. He is a dirty dirty man who should be deported instantly. I want to beat his head in with a bat.
    Ajmlx9-- Do you feel the same way about Mike Schmidt b/c he admitted to using greenies every so often? What about Sabo when he was suspended for using a corked bat?

If this is your feeling about Sosa then i would hate to hear your opinions on the political leaders of this country.

Of the prominient players who have been accused of using steriods and similar chemical enhancements, Barry Bonds is the only one whom I am confident was a Hall of Fame quality talent without the juice. Bonds's alleged steroid use reportedly started after the 1998 season; at that point he was already a three time MVP winner and had career numbers worthy of the HOF had he retired then.
    As for the rest of the alleged steroid users, such as McGwire, Palmiero and Sosa, absent the juice I very much doubt that they would have had HOF worthy careers. That doubt alone would be enough to keep me from voting for their induction into the HOF.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Good ol' Gracie!

I absolutely hate Sosa. He had a pre-canned apology for when his bat broke and cork was revealed. He is a dirty dirty man who should be deported instantly. I want to beat his head in with a bat.
    How many posts like this does it take before a ban occurs?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    His rep doesn't state he should have a place on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30

I don't know, but I don't have the option to add/subtract rep from him anymore, so he may be gone...if so, don't let the door hit ya on your way out.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Grace accuses Sosa of juicing
    "He juiced..." he said between a deep drag on his smoke, "Oh... and his music sucks too." Gracie downed his Scotch, and squinted through the haze of the Cubby Bear, he waved at that girl in the corner from earlier and stumbled into the noisy night of the Wrigleyville streets.

"Damn I love Chicago." he mumbled to himself as he hailed a cab.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Hey Gracie, what about your buddy Luis Gonzalez?? Suspected juicer??
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

wow... -82 rep points? .... I've never seen anyone get so far down...you are the Pete Rose of Redszone.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    "He juiced..." he said between a deep drag on his smoke, "Oh... and his music sucks too." Gracie downed his Scotch, and squinted through the haze of the Cubby Bear, he waved at that girl in the corner from earlier and stumbled into the noisy night of the Wrigleyville streets.

"Damn I love Chicago." he mumbled to himself as he hailed a cab.
    You forgot to cue the saxaphone as the scene fades too black...other than that, PERFECT!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Turn Off Ads?