Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grace accuses Sosa of juicing

Re: Grace accuses Sosa of juicing

I'm not a big Grace fan after that time he went in to pitch and mocked the delivery of his teammate (I can't remember who). The guy looked very embarrassed. Plus, even if you're down 15 runs I don't like goofing around in a major league game. If Grace wants to testify before a court or a MLB investigation, great. Making offhanded remarks to the press is just, well, graceless.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

At least Sosa walked away with his hung in shame, I wish Bonds would do the same.

Plus, even if you're down 15 runs I don't like goofing around in a major league game.
    Gotta disagree, the game is awash in moments like that, it's what seperates it from the back and forths.

Cash batting against Ryan, Kruk against Johnson, Piersell running the bases backwards against Dallas Green, Campy and Tovar playing all the positions in the game, is great stuff. It's a long season and baseball has ample opportunity to be serious. Every now and then some character appears, good stuff IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    "He juiced..." he said between a deep drag on his smoke, "Oh... and his music sucks too." Gracie downed his Scotch, and squinted through the haze of the Cubby Bear, he waved at that girl in the corner from earlier and stumbled into the noisy night of the Wrigleyville streets.

"Damn I love Chicago." he mumbled to himself as he hailed a cab.
    Out of nowhere, a cab came rushing down Addison, screaching to a halt right in front of the Cubby Bear. Gracie opened the door and slid into the back seat. "Where to?" asked the cab driver. "To Yak-zees on Clark", he replied. Gracie was the Arthur Fonzarelli of Yak-zees. The regular crowd even referred to the Men's Room as "Gracie's Office." As the cab pulled away and took a hard left onto Clark, Gracie taped the plexiglass behind the driver's head. "Say, have you ever heard of a 'Slumpbuster?'"...
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

On staying quiet during his playing days: ''I'm also a big believer in 'to each his own.' I don't worry about what the guy eats for dinner. I don't really worry about what his off-the-field relationships are. That's none of my business. If a guy wants to do it and if a guy is willing to pay the price later on in his life, then do it.''

On whether he'd vote for Sosa for the Hall of Fame: ''In a word, 'no.''

At least he's consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Out of nowhere, a cab came rushing down Addison, screaching to a halt right in front of the Cubby Bear. Gracie opened the door and slid into the back seat. "Where to?" asked the cab driver. "To Yak-zees on Clark", he replied. Gracie was the Arthur Fonzarelli of Yak-zees. The regular crowd even referred to the Men's Room as "Gracie's Office." As the cab pulled away and took a hard left onto Clark, Gracie taped the plexiglass behind the driver's head. "Say, have you ever heard of a 'Slumpbuster?'"...
    Crap, it's like you guys are standing outside my apartment building. Scary, scary.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

First he tells the world what a slumpbuster is and now this.
    LOL! I'm just not a big believer in letting out clubhouse stuff. EVEN if you are retired.

wow, how brave of gracie to come public that he's suspicious of sosa taking steroids...don't go out on a limb there big guy...

"to each his own"...wow, another bold statement

bunter

Also liked his comment about guys who all of the suddent weren't any good anymore after they started testing. Could he be referring to Bret B.?

We can speculate all day about steroid users but there is no proof so Sosa gets in the Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    Crap, it's like you guys are standing outside my apartment building. Scary, scary.
    Close your blinds
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    My wife lived in Wrigleyville when I met her. You could see the lights of Wrigley Field from her living room window.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    My wife lived in Wrigleyville when I met her. You could see the lights of Wrigley Field from her living room window.
    Nightly they'd stroll to the mercardo in Roscoe Village to get Churros or a Tamarind Jarrito.

Turn Off Ads?