Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Opening Day - Kegs 'n Eggs?

dnitzsch

Opening Day - Kegs 'n Eggs?

Anyone know if Jim Scott at WLW is hosting his early morning radio show over Kegs 'n Eggs this year? I'm coming from out of town and didn't see anything online about it, but have enjoyed going to Willie's and Rock Bottom for this event in the past (and the Red beer!).

I am devastated by the Wily Mo trade, but word that they're doing the Kegs 'n Eggs broadcast this year would soften the blow somewhat.

Thanks for your help!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening Day - Kegs 'n Eggs?

I'm sure they will. Nothing official yet, but they always have.

The lineup is usually:
    Kegs N Eggs from 5-9
    The Inbetween from 9-12
    Pregame from 12-gametime

The official lineup should be announced this week sometime I would think.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

dnitzsch

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    I'm sure they will. Nothing official yet, but they always have.

The lineup is usually:
    Kegs N Eggs from 5-9
    The Inbetween from 9-12
    Pregame from 12-gametime

The official lineup should be announced this week sometime I would think.
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I thought they had done it every year as well. But I showed up at Willie's in 2004 at 6 AM and they were closed. Maybe it had already moved to Rock Bottom by then, but I was devastated. I'm bringing friends this time so I want to make sure Opening Day lives up to my promises.

Here is the official schedule. Looks like it's just at GameDay this year.

Reds Opening Day Schedule
    April 3, 2006

The Big One's Opening Day Party Headquarters is
    Game Day Sports Cafe' on Pete Rose Way &
    Great American Ball Park.

5am-9am

Join Jim Scott for his annual live Opening Day Breakfast Broadcast at
    Game Day Sports Cafe'! Doors open at 5am, breakfast and
    cold beer at 5am. How can you beat that?
    Joining Jim will be Rich Walburg (of ShowBiz stuff fame), Scott Springer with 20/20 Sports.
    And even a live morning military briefing from the
    Col. Dean Smittle.

9am-11:30am

The Big One's "Mr. Opening Day" Mike McConnell keeps the party going at
    Game Day Sports Cafe'. He'll be joined by former Reds player and host of 700WLW's Extra Innings Tracy Jones.
    Cold beer at 9am. How can you beat that? Plus, prizes and Opening Day giveaways.

11:30am-1:00pm

Cincinnati's Opening Day celebration moves inside Great American Ball Park (the stadium that is named after him) with Bill "Willie" Cunningham, 700WLW's SportTalk host Andy Furman, The Big One's Scott Sloan. Plus, in the dug-out Bill "Seg" Dennison interviewing Reds players and coaches. The Big One will be in the right field porch area. You can't miss us.
    Look for the giant blue "Big 1."
    There's nothing like the fresh peanuts on Opening Day at the GABP.

1:00pm-1:40pm

Willie, Furball and the Seg-Man are back with a preview of the Reds-Cubs game on the regular season's first "Inside Pitch."

1:40pm-2:10pm

The coverage of Cincinnati's biggest annual celebration continues as the "Inside Pitch" continues with Bill Bangert, Marty Brennaman and Reds Manager Jerry Narron.

2:10pm

The baseball season is finally here! The Cincinnati Reds take on the Chicago Cubs live from Great American Ball Park.
    Join Hall of Fame announcer Marty Brennaman, the Bad-Boy Steve Stewart and legendary Reds player and announcer Joe Nuxhall with the call.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?