Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson

Has anyone heard if the Pirates are still shopping him? If the Reds don't try to get Shealy, they need to offer the Pirates a package for him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Craig Wilson

Isn't he a shortstop?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

teamboone, you are thinking JACK Wilson of the Pirates. Craig has played some OF and some 1B

Littlefield said during the winter meetings that he was looking to send Craig to the AL as he's "an AL kind of player."

if i were in charge of Cinci right now, i'd be going for Wilson and make him my opening day 1B...he came as a catcher, though, regardless of where you put him, he's an iron glove.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    teamboone, you are thinking JACK Wilson of the Pirates. Craig has played some OF and some 1B
    That's exactly who I'm thinking of. Thanks for clarifying.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I really want him for the Cards-he's not a standout at any position defensively but he'd be adaquate in LF and he can really hit.

The latest rumor has Craig Wilson being traded to the Braves for John Thomson.

Post-Gazette Link

People sometimes forget the human side of this:
    Rarely has a team been so interested in trading one of their best players at any cost. "At this point, I'm really not going to worry about it," Wilson said. "The only thing I can do is go out and hit the ball and catch the ball and throw the ball. If something happens, it happens. I'll pack up and go."
    Last edited by PTBNL; 03-27-2006 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PTBNL
    The latest rumor has Craig Wilson being traded to the Braves for John Thomson.

Post-Gazette Link

People sometimes forget the human side of this:
    Rarely has a team been so interested in trading one of their best players at any cost. "At this point, I'm really not going to worry about it," Wilson said. "The only thing I can do is go out and hit the ball and catch the ball and throw the ball. If something happens, it happens. I'll pack up and go."
    Bob Horner redux?

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRedz
    Bob Horner redux?
    Hearing anything about Carlos Pena? Are the Reds interested?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Hearing anything about Carlos Pena? Are the Reds interested?
    Unfortunately no. It's been pretty quiet. There had been some clatter about a move for another pitcher before opening day (not much of a surprise there), but since the LaRue injury I haven't heard a peep.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRedz
    Unfortunately no. It's been pretty quiet. There had been some clatter about a move for another pitcher before opening day (not much of a surprise there), but since the LaRue injury I haven't heard a peep.

Rats.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?