Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donations for GAC and family

Future Reds All Star

Re: Donations for GAC and family

For those interested in an address to send GAC and family a care package, plese PM me

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Reds All Star

Thank you to all who have sent donations!

To those I have already received please watch for an important PM (well, I think it is important anyway). To those who's donation may still be in the mail or yet to be sent through paypal, I will also PM you as soon as I receive it.

Future Reds All Star

BTW...SHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Worth The Wait

I contacted the Reds about this situation and they quickly responded, telling me that someone else at Redszone had already brought it to their attention and that they planned on putting something together for GAC and family.

Hopefully, whatever it is will at least brighten his day

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin
    I contacted the Reds about this situation and they quickly responded, telling me that someone else at Redszone had already brought it to their attention and that they planned on putting something together for GAC and family.

Hey, that's great. Hadn't heard anything about it.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Yeah, that's good to hear. I'd planned to contact them about maybe having him throw out the first pitch one night, but if they're already in the loop, perhaps I'll let them figure out the right move.
    Makes all the routine posts.

A package is being mailed to GAC by the Reds today. I wasn't advised as to what it will include-maybe the Reds are sending GAC Adam Dunn's missing chair.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Future Reds All Star

Very cool!!

WOW! I'm impressed! Both by the Reds and whoever contacted them from Redszone!

Does anyone say 'Cool Beans!' anymore?

Rem

Thanks just awesome. Good for the Reds and the 'zone...we gots us some good peoples round these parts

I should publicly thank Team Clark. I sent a PM to him inquiring as to who to contact on the Reds, and he promptly gave me a name. I then contacted the "name" and that person then referred my inquiry to the community relations department. After a couple of e-mails, yesterday the community relations department of the Reds advised me that a "package" was being sent to GAC.
    Team Clark was very helpful and deserves credit.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by remdog

Does anyone say 'Cool Beans!' anymore?

Rem
    No. :
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    I should publicly thank Team Clark. I sent a PM to him inquiring as to who to contact on the Reds, and he promptly gave me a name. I then contacted the "name" and that person then referred my inquiry to the community relations department. After a couple of e-mails, yesterday the community relations department of the Reds advised me that a "package" was being sent to GAC.
    Team Clark was very helpful and deserves credit.

Well, Greg called me this afternoon and he got his care package from the Reds.

Holy crap, what a haul!!! Autographed baseballs and pictures, hats, souvineers.... He sounded like a kid on Christmas.

Apparently the Reds really did a lot, and he was really touched.

He's moving into a house in the next couple of days, they're delivering furniture and getting it ready now. He asked me to tell everyone how moved he is by all the attention and prayers and well wishes. He'll be back online in a few days and will fill us in.

Great job, RedsBaron and Team Clark. The Reds really came through for him.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Man! Did It ever brighten my day! Wow! We were up working on the farm house that we found, and they delievered the package. I asked the courier who it is from, and said the Cincinnati Reds. I grabbed the package out of her hand, and ran into the house like a little kid. I could not believe the contents. I got a ball, autographed by all the players, from the last game at Cingery.... another ball autographed by man former Red greats. But get this!.... the letter says he ball were "donated" from John Allen's personal artifacts.

The balls came with letters of certification. The box was packed full of stuff...

8x10 glossies, autographed by Ears and Griffey
    several bobblehead dolls
    a Reds pewter set, sent by Carl Lindner
    a 3D pic of GAB
    a Reds matchbox car

I got numerous other items too; but at this present time (since I am now back at the hotel) I can't recall them all.

All I can say is...God bless you all! I am at a loss for words.

The last 2 days we have been hard at work getting this house ready. Our neighbors provided it. I can't praise them enough either. They have been wonderful, and such great friends. Its a farm house about 8 miles north of our original home, but in the kid's school district. I already got them set up for the new bus schedule on Monday.

RB and rfs have my new mailing address. I don't get cable and HS internet set up til next Tuesday, so if anyone wants my address, then I told them to give it out to them until I get set up.

I know I may sound redundant, but I cannot praise each and every one of you enough. Your thoughts, prayers, and assistance has been invaluable to my family. I have had the opportunity to talk to some of you over the phone since this occurred. And just being able to talk to friends has been very therapeutic for me. You just don't know how much that means to me.

I'm coming down for Opening Day (my first in over 40 yrs as a Reds fan). And nothing in this world can keep me from the Redszone gathering this year. To me...they are just as important, and hold as much value in my heart, as any family get-together I attend. And I'm buying the first round!

Again.... God bless each and everyone of you. I just hope that someday, the opportunity to somehow repay you all, presents itself. Yes, I know that it is not necessary. But that is what true friendship is al about. And to me, you are much more.

Thank you

GAC (and family)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    A package is being mailed to GAC by the Reds today. I wasn't advised as to what it will include-maybe the Reds are sending GAC Adam Dunn's missing chair.
    The insurance company is completely furnishing the house.... what would I want with a used chair?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?