Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donations for GAC and family

Re: Donations for GAC and family

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Yeah, that's good to hear. I'd planned to contact them about maybe having him throw out the first pitch one night
    The letter I got from the Reds did mention that... and I responded I couldn't fo any worse then Milton on one pitch. In fact, I'd be smarter... bean balls are not the same as hrs.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

GAC,

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'd be happy to burn old game tapes to DVD's for you. I've got Opening Day from 2001-2005, Griffey's 500th, Adam Dunn's first game after his callup in 2001, the last game at Riverfront Stadium and many many others.

If you are interested in maybe building up a collection of old games, don't hesitate to say so.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Future Reds All Star

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Well, Greg called me this afternoon and he got his care package from the Reds.

Holy crap, what a haul!!! Autographed baseballs and pictures, hats, souvineers.... He sounded like a kid on Christmas.

Apparently the Reds really did a lot, and he was really touched.

He's moving into a house in the next couple of days, they're delivering furniture and getting it ready now. He asked me to tell everyone how moved he is by all the attention and prayers and well wishes. He'll be back online in a few days and will fill us in.

Great job, RedsBaron and Team Clark. The Reds really came through for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Any IRS/Finanial Advisors? What's the best way to donate without GAC having an impact on his income tax too much? I realize the loss of his house and other personnel effects is probably a big deduction right there and that may off set many cash denotations. Are Wal-Mart gift cards considered income? Are my questions valid? Sorry if they seem like they are inappropiate.
    I have a very good friend who is a tax auditor for the IRS. I asked your question.

Her response is short but answers the question: "The limit for cash gifts before any gift tax kicks in is $11,000 so your friend is okay. He may be able to claim a casualty loss on 2006 taxes if his insurance doesn't cover all of his loss."
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Future Reds All Star

Great news on the Reds package GAC!!! What bobbleheads did you get? I have a reason for asking

Well, I contacted the Browns organization (general email) and will be sending a letter (w/photo) for a donation consideration. It's a 4 week process and hopefully the Browns will come through like the Reds.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Man! Did It ever brighten my day! Wow! We were up working on the farm house that we found, and they delievered the package. I asked the courier who it is from, and said the Cincinnati Reds. I grabbed the package out of her hand, and ran into the house like a little kid. I could not believe the contents. I got a ball, autographed by all the players, from the last game at Cingery.... another ball autographed by man former Red greats. But get this!.... the letter says he ball were "donated" from John Allen's personal artifacts.

The balls came with letters of certification. The box was packed full of stuff...

8x10 glossies, autographed by Ears and Griffey
    several bobblehead dolls
    a Reds pewter set, sent by Carl Lindner
    a 3D pic of GAB
    a Reds matchbox car

I got numerous other items too; but at this present time (since I am now back at the hotel) I can't recall them all.

All I can say is...God bless you all! I am at a loss for words.

The last 2 days we have been hard at work getting this house ready. Our neighbors provided it. I can't praise them enough either. They have been wonderful, and such great friends. Its a farm house about 8 miles north of our original home, but in the kid's school district. I already got them set up for the new bus schedule on Monday.

RB and rfs have my new mailing address. I don't get cable and HS internet set up til next Tuesday, so if anyone wants my address, then I told them to give it out to them until I get set up.

I know I may sound redundant, but I cannot praise each and every one of you enough. Your thoughts, prayers, and assistance has been invaluable to my family. I have had the opportunity to talk to some of you over the phone since this occurred. And just being able to talk to friends has been very therapeutic for me. You just don't know how much that means to me.

I'm coming down for Opening Day (my first in over 40 yrs as a Reds fan). And nothing in this world can keep me from the Redszone gathering this year. To me...they are just as important, and hold as much value in my heart, as any family get-together I attend. And I'm buying the first round!

Again.... God bless each and everyone of you. I just hope that someday, the opportunity to somehow repay you all, presents itself. Yes, I know that it is not necessary. But that is what true friendship is al about. And to me, you are much more.

Thank you

GAC (and family)

That is just awesome. Good something good could come of this. BTW, GAC, you have something small coming from the Mrs. and I to your "old" address. Will that be a problem?

Man! Did It ever brighten my day! Wow! We were up working on the farm house that we found, and they delievered the package. I asked the courier who it is from, and said the Cincinnati Reds. I grabbed the package out of her hand, and ran into the house like a little kid. I could not believe the contents. I got a ball, autographed by all the players, from the last game at Cingery.... another ball autographed by man former Red greats. But get this!.... the letter says he ball were "donated" from John Allen's personal artifacts.

The balls came with letters of certification. The box was packed full of stuff...

8x10 glossies, autographed by Ears and Griffey
    several bobblehead dolls
    a Reds pewter set, sent by Carl Lindner
    a 3D pic of GAB
    a Reds matchbox car

I got numerous other items too; but at this present time (since I am now back at the hotel) I can't recall them all.

All I can say is...God bless you all! I am at a loss for words.

The last 2 days we have been hard at work getting this house ready. Our neighbors provided it. I can't praise them enough either. They have been wonderful, and such great friends. Its a farm house about 8 miles north of our original home, but in the kid's school district. I already got them set up for the new bus schedule on Monday.

RB and rfs have my new mailing address. I don't get cable and HS internet set up til next Tuesday, so if anyone wants my address, then I told them to give it out to them until I get set up.

I know I may sound redundant, but I cannot praise each and every one of you enough. Your thoughts, prayers, and assistance has been invaluable to my family. I have had the opportunity to talk to some of you over the phone since this occurred. And just being able to talk to friends has been very therapeutic for me. You just don't know how much that means to me.

I'm coming down for Opening Day (my first in over 40 yrs as a Reds fan). And nothing in this world can keep me from the Redszone gathering this year. To me...they are just as important, and hold as much value in my heart, as any family get-together I attend. And I'm buying the first round!

Again.... God bless each and everyone of you. I just hope that someday, the opportunity to somehow repay you all, presents itself. Yes, I know that it is not necessary. But that is what true friendship is al about. And to me, you are much more.

Thank you

GAC (and family)
    Great to hear. The Reds exceeded my expectations. Wonderful.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Future Reds All Star

To all that donated...thanks a ton !!

For those that donated cash, I hope to get a check out to GAC by the 8th or 9th. I had to wait (and still am) for out of state checks to clear. If you planned to send a donation and haven't been able to yet, that is fine!! I will be sure he gets all that is coming to him! I will continue to keep a close eye on my mailbox

I'M BACK BABY!

We've been on withdrawal for the last week or so with no TV or internet access. It was harder on the kids. They got a "taste" of what it was like when I was a kid, and all you had was a set of rabbit ears on the TV, and all you could get was 4 fuzzy channels and no Cartoon Network.

Life is returning somewhat to normalcy for us. My family cannot thank all those that have reached out to us during this difficult time enough. It has been deeply appreciated. I've been able to talk ove the phone with a few of the "clique", like RedsBaron, rfs, creek, and Chip. They have been invaluable.

rfs said I have a nice little scam going.

This farm house is really pretty nice. It's about 5 minutes north of Bellefontaine and in the kid's school district. It's about a mile from the little village of Rushylvania.

Our insurance has really been there for us. We got the content portion all done and filed.... have the estimate approved for the site cleanup (should happen in the next week or so), and are getting rebuilding estimates this week. So we have the ball rolling basically.

To those that already have my previous email address, it is still good. I can get on their website and check it. But we have Time Warner cable w/ road runner here at this house, and I will email my new address to as many as possible (that I can remember); but if anyone wants it, then please PM me.

I hope to see some of you on Opening Day (tahnks to Chip)

The upcoming baseball season has really kept me going right now.

Thanks again all.

Greg
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by TeamMorris
    Great news on the Reds package GAC!!! What bobbleheads did you get? I have a reason for asking
    I got a KGJ and Sean Casey.

I got a KGJ and Sean Casey.
    Send me the new address and I'll send my dear sweet little Adam.

Oops I just checked my PM's and see that you already sent it to me. I'll try to wrap up Adam and send him on his way this weekend.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Send me the new address and I'll send my dear sweet little Adam.

Oops I just checked my PM's and see that you already sent it to me. I'll try to wrap up Adam and send him on his way this weekend.
    That's going to be a lot of postage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    That's going to be a lot of postage.
    I hope she sends him Priority. Media Mail's bound to get lost.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I hope she sends him Priority. Media Mail's bound to get lost.
    Got your package today Heath. I really don't know what to say. There is some fantastic stuff there. I hope these were all duplicates.... especially the Reds glasses, and the Morgan and Perez bobblehead dolls. WoW! I don't know which book to read first - "Cincinnati and the BRM", or "When All The World Was Browns Town" (this one is must reading ).

I can't express my thanks enough.

I've got one room in this house that is fast becoming a Red's shrine.

Thanks again Heath.

Turn Off Ads?