Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Opening Day Thread, Part Deux

Opening Day Thread, Part Deux

Ok... I'm coming from out-of-town. What time should I get into Cincinnati to "guarantee" a parking spot near the ballpark? I'm talking a parking spot, maybe down front beside of the football stadium.

I live three hours from Cincy, I've never been to Opening Day before, and I have no clue what to expect. Help from the locals would be greatly appreciated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening Day Thread, Part Deux

Just park it on the on-ramp shoulder of the interstate. It's free and you don't have to fight the mad rush leaving the ballgame. Just jump in the car and get on the interstate back home.

Parking in downtown Cincy near stadium could be expensive unless you don't mind walking. I would recommend parking in Newport, KY at Newport on the Levee. I believe parking is about $5 or 6, but don't quote me on it. I would recommend getting there before 10 am or earlier. You can walk across the purple people bridge for free or take the ferry at hooters ($2 or 3 roundtrip).
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy
    Parking in downtown Cincy near stadium could be expensive unless you don't mind walking. I would recommend parking in Newport, KY at Newport on the Levee. I believe parking is about $5 or 6, but don't quote me on it. I would recommend getting there before 10 am or earlier. You can walk across the purple people bridge for free or take the ferry at hooters ($2 or 3 roundtrip).
    Cool. So, Newport on the Levee... is that all-day parking?

Yep.
    Go Gators!

Alternatively you can park in Lot D, right on the river between the stadiums. $3 if you get there before 8 or so, then it turns into $10 on game days. You'll need to get there early on OD because some of the garages are closed to their monthly parkers (they maximze $ that way by charging ppl going to the game more), so the garage parkers have to use the surface lots.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Ok, cool. With the prez in town, we're thinking about getting there early (before 10 a.m. as reports have suggested because of the extra security checks). We'd like to see the parade, too. Are the players in the parade?

Quote Originally Posted by realreds1
    Ok, cool. With the prez in town, we're thinking about getting there early (before 10 a.m. as reports have suggested because of the extra security checks). We'd like to see the parade, too. Are the players in the parade?
    No players, just Mario Soto (grand marshall). The parade should start at 11:00 so you should be able to see an hour or so and still be able to get through the security line in pleanty of time.

That's what I'm planning on doing, watching the parade til noon then go over to the stadium.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by realreds1

I bet he gets a primo parking space!
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

We are staying in a downtown hotel. If I get there late enough I'll pay for 24 hou parking at the lot by The Millinium across from the Hyatt. If not, I'll get up about 7:00 AM and go park the car in a lot. If so, I'll have to carrry everything after checkout. My wife hopefully will pack light.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Has anyone heard what time the stadium will be open this year? Love getting in early...

Quote Originally Posted by dunndawg
    Has anyone heard what time the stadium will be open this year? Love getting in early...
    10:00 AM because of the heavy security with the President being here.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Thanks.

Go Reds.

Turn Off Ads?