Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/27 Game Thread Reds v. Pirates

Re: 3/27 Game Thread Reds v. Pirates

Milton trading window now closed. Move along.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Boiler up!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Still weird to see Casey in black and gold....

...I don't like black and gold!!
    Gotta love the Boilermakers though

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the Red
    Doc-I salute your geek knowledge as I had to look that up.

From Wikipedia:
    In Dungeons & Dragons and some similar role-playing games, alignment refers to the moral and ethical perspective of the player characters, non-player characters, monsters, and societies in the game. Thus alignment neutral would be more descriptive of Narron, Jerry--Placeholder between the darkness of Boone/Miley and the enlightment of Pinella, Lou.
    For the older folks, it was the Lord of the Rings. For me, it was the Dragonlance Chronicles and a long fifth-grade bus ride.

But I guess you didn't ride the same bus as the Coffey brothers and I. That's okay.

Bottom of 2.

Encarnacion leads off with a rope off the center-field fence. Another double. Real men poke opposite-field Texas Leaguers, but whatever. Time for AAA, buddy.

Hatteberg (.293-2-5). 1-1. High breaking ball. LINER TO CENTER, base hit! Edwin is held at third. Hatteberg manages to make it to first on the outfield shot.

Kearns. A LaRue special yesterday- a solo HR and two Rudies. Casey engrossed in an oral exegesis of Faulkner at first base with Mr. Hatteberg. Breaking ball, strike puts Austin down 0-2. Three and see ya later on the curveball. One down.

LLM. First pitch, SMOKED to center. Duffy makes the catch, and that's a sacrifice fly. 2-1 Pirates.

Milton. Too bad he doesn't hit like people hit him. Actually, I take that back, as he belted a pair of bombs in 2005. Opposite-field fly ball AND IT'S DROPPED BY CRAIG WILSON! Send Hatteberg to third and put Eric aboard.

Lopez. Breaking ball, strike. Ian looking pretty good if he can keep doing that. 0-2 now on Felipe. Low, ball one. Foul back. He makes the third out as I try in vain to think of a joke relating to Jason LaRue's Texacentric hobbies.

Jason LaRue is also depicted on the magnetic schedule given away on the 7th "hunting" a baserunner. Shhhh. He's hunting Womacks.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 03-27-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Grande never stops talking, ever! His voice is starting to irritate because he never says anything interesting when he is talking.

Does anyone know a way to watch mlb.tv and listen to gameday audio at the same time?

Top of 3.

Sanchez. Strike called. Fly down the right field line, gloved by Kearns. One out.

Casey. Tom Browning joins Steve in the booth. Foul ball. They discuss Browning's moving Milton to the other side of the pitching rubber. High fly to right- second verse, same as the first. Tom says he was effective from that side of the rubber even at 86-88 mph.

Immediately thereafter Wilson crushes a bomb over the left-center field wall. 3-1 Pirates.

"Well, left that one out over the plate," cackles Browning. Immediately he talks about how he can't change anyone who's been in the big leagues for a long time.

2-2 count on the next guy. Another HR-length bomb Deep Into the Night (But I Won't Do That). C'mon, Steve, come up with something else. Pop fly ends the inning.

They talk about Browning's book. Tom laments that a box wasn't delivered to the clubhouse.

3-1 Pirates.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 03-27-2006 at 07:56 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Well...

:milton:

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    It would be nice but it is not like he listens to them.

Milton walks Randa then gives up a Milton to Jose Hernandez. Felipe makes a beautiful diving stop in the hole and Hatteberg cannot handle the short hop.
    That's true Chip, he doesn't. But, WE have to. And, I am saying, they need to give it a frickin' rest.

Krivsky's doing a guest spot in the booth.

Asked if he'd have traded Casey. Non response response.

Surprised George didn't spontaneously combust or throw Wayne out of the booth for saying, "We're having a hell of a time."

I'm ready for a reliever after this inning.

Bottom of 3.

Browning points out that Tim Belcher hit a HR off him just before he threw his perfect game. Also a lot of Lou Piniella stories in there. I haven't cracked my free review copy yet.

Aurilia. 2-1 count. Outside, 3-1. Annnnd he walks.

Junior. 2-2. Steve asks if Tom has ever heard of an owner who would let players use their plane. Tom chuckles, thinking of Marge Schott and Eric Davis' self-financed trip home during the 1990 World Series. Ball three to Junior. Bouncer foul. GRIFFEY CRUSHES ONE DEEP TO CENTER DUFFY PEES HIMSELF IT'S OVER THE BATTER'S EYE GONE TIE SCORE 3-3

AND NOW DUNN CRUSHES ONE TO DEEP CENTER DUFFY TOWELS OFF, GOES BACK, AND

gloves it against the fence. One out.

EdE. Swing and a miss. 5-3 grounder, two out.

Hatteberg. Ball's low. Browning refers to the Reds' relief corps as the "Geritol Gang". Touche. 2-1 now on Hatteberg. Liner to center, caught by Duffy.

3-3 after 3.

www.browningbook.com. Tip your server and stay tuned.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 03-27-2006 at 08:05 PM.

Hr Junior!!!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

:griffey:

Narron and Krivsky both commenting on TV simultaneously now.
    Narron saying how getting Hatteberg set things in motion and made the Pena-Arroyo deal possible.

So it's confirmed: Scott Hatteberg is the straw the stirs the drink.

--Jr. Homers--tied at 3!

Long homer to center by Junior. Tie game 3-3!!

Turn Off Ads?