Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tavarez/Gathright fight

Re: Tavarez/Gathright fight

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    I love it just because I hate Taveras so freakin bad and he is getting his CLOCK CLEANED...The D-Rays are my #2 team...now, make no mistake they are not contending for the division but they will be able to put a hurt on the Yankees, Sox, Jays and O's this season...they will have a say in who wins and loses that division.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I hated him with a passion when he was with the Indians. I laughed out loud when they showed him crying in the dugout after the final game of World Series games when the Indians lost in whatever year it was.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think they need to put decaf coffee in the Red Sox dugout for the next few games.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol
    anyone else think Tavarez punches like a girl? That was a brutal swing
    Agreed.

If you're going to punch someone, do it right. If you do it wrong, you're not going to hurt them, you're going to mess up your hand, and you're still going to have to face the consequences of starting a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by PTBNL
    I heard Gathright spiked him first and the RS will be filing a complaint as well.
    The first picture in the sequence shows that Gathright's feet are nowhere near Tavarez.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 03-28-2006 at 11:15 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol
    anyone else think Tavarez punches like a girl? That was a brutal swing
    Yes I do think he punches like a girl...but I got blamed for that too...so I didn't say anything.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Maybe it's more clear from other angles, but...

Gathright said Tavarez stood on his right forearm after the tag. Tavarez agreed but said he wanted to beat Gathright to the punch.

"I saw him try to get up and I wasn't going to let him throw a punch at me right away," said Tavarez, who threw a second punch on the top of Gathright's head. "You hear about whoever throws the first punch gets the win. That's what happened."
    It was a tag-out at the plate. Why would you assume the runner's going to get up and start throwing punches?
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by PTBNL
    I heard Gathright spiked him first and the RS will be filing a complaint as well.
    If he spiked him in the face, how could they tell the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I've seen the clip a few times now and it seems pretty clear that Tavarez stepped on Gathright, then took offense when Gathright tried to push the foot off his arm and then cold-cocked the guy. I think it would be sad if Gathright had to pay a fine or serve a suspension. All he was guilty of doing was playing baseball in the vicinity of a grade A buttswipe.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?