Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Got a question for you....

Got a question for you....

I am in a Rotissirie (sp?) league with 12 teams. I need a catcher, mine is Jason LaRue.

There are a few free agent catchers available: Barajas, Pierzynski, Bengi Molina, and Zaun. However I'm not sure if that will be enough.

My team is

C Jason LaRue
    1B Paul Konerko
    2B M. Loretta or J. Vidro
    3B Miguel Cabrera
    SS Juilo Lugo
    OF Cliff Floyd
    OF Brian Giles
    OF Torii Hunter
    Util Morgan Ensberg
    BN Jeff Kent
    BN Jacque Jones
    BN Austin Kearns

SP Johan Santana
    SP Roy Halladay
    RP Todd Jones
    RP Armando Benitez
    P Brett Myers
    P John Smoltz
    P Cliff Lee
    BN Chris Reitsma
    BN D. Baez

I feel like I could part with one or two of my Relief pitchers packaged with an outfielder and pick up a pretty decent catcher.

Any ideas?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Got a question for you....

It looks like you could be lacking power, and Pierzynski or Barajas can give that to you. I would focus on upgrading my OF, and trading one or two relief pitchers for a power hitting OF. I would also get Jeff Kent in there at 2nd. He has way more power than Vidro or Loretta.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Get Barajas and get rid of LaRue now
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

I may be a little late with this, but if you can still use this info:
    In my opinion Kendall and Pierzynkski are the worst receivers in the leagues. Well you can add Mike DeFelice if he ever makes it back up.
    Stats wise you would think that doesn't matter, but when you have guys like Loazia being forced to use Melhuse - Houston, we have a problem. I could go on and on to back up my stuff, BUT I won't get personal here
    I would get rid of Smoltz as a starter. You have him as a reliever, does that mean he qualifies for both postions until the experment is over?

Keep Baez, no matter what and I told someone this BEFORE Gagne's surgery.
    Zaun just came off the 15-day DL today.
    My favorite catchers on the cheap are Mauer, Ross and Melhuse. Melhuse does a great job with Zito as well.

EDIT: I would try and get Jose Cruz, he's doing really well now that he's batting 2nd in the line-up. Furcal (AND Repko!) seem to be able to get on and Kent is gettin' him off and in!
    Last edited by PTBNL; 04-08-2006 at 03:18 PM.

Turn Off Ads?