Turn Off Ads?

Thread: If you were to trade Pujols...

If you were to trade Pujols...

What would you expect in return?

I'm always looking to make deals in fantasy leagues, I think that's what makes them the most fun. In one of my leagues I have Pujols and am actually thinking about maybe dealing him.

5x5 10 team

R-HR-RBI-SB-AVG

Roster:

Mauer
    Pujols
    Helton
    Hafner
    Iguchi
    Glaus
    Jeter
    Damon
    Holliday
    Ordonez
    Blalock
    Polanco

Oswalt
    Carpenter
    Lackey
    Bonderman
    Capuano
    Isringhausen
    Turnbow
    Foulke
    Shields

I was thinking of trying to get maybe Utley and a good SP or RP for Pujols. I feel Helton will have a rebound year and while there will still be a big difference in HR and R, in this 5x5 league I think the only thing Pujols will dominate Helton in will be HRs.

What type of package would it take for you to move Pujols?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If you were to trade Pujols...

You have the depth to do it.

I'd be looking for some OF help (not sold that Ordonez is going to rebound) and Damon and Holliday as your 1-2 is definately your weakness. Hmmm, say Grady Sizemore and Huston Street.

Something like that. I think you need to upgrade your OF and RP, everything else looks fine.

You could also do Utley and an OF/RP for Pujols, but I think Iguchi will be better this year and you have Polanco as a backup. With your other players, you should be fine with those two if you upgrade your OF.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I would trade him for a power OF bat and an SP, anything short of that and I would sit tight. As RL mentioned your OF is a little shaky and you have to worry about Glaus staying healthy. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of him unless somebody is willing to overpay.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

In one of my leagues, I was offered Texieria and Lidge for Pujols. Suffice to say I accepted.

If we assume Utley, then you would need a very solid SP to make up the difference -- basically anybody but the very top tier. Think of it in terms of draft picks. Pujols is 1 or 2. Utley seems to be going around 12-15 in most my drafts. I would want at least a 4th round quality pitcher or higher -- a Dontrelle Willis, Roy Halladay, Felix Hernandez, Carlos Zambrano type.

Pujols is just such a monster, that you really need 2 very good players back in return -- because you really can't replace what he gives you in terms of efficiency. Also consider that you are essentially trading the guy you have to cut as well...
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    In one of my leagues, I was offered Texieria and Lidge for Pujols. Suffice to say I accepted.
    Always nice not to have to work at getting such a great trade

I may offer a trade like that and see what happens.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Utley is nice, but Pujols is such money in the bank that it would take him and a top line pitcher to get him out of my hands.

I was offered Lidge and Wagner for Ortiz and Vernon Wells and flat out turned it down, though I do need some pitching.

I have yet to offer up a trade of Pujols. I am leaning towards not trading him at this time.

I was offered Dunn and some garbage OFer (Dye maybe) for Helton and Damon. Obviously I turned it down. But I may try to get Dunn from him with Helton being involved.

With OF being my weak spot on this team and Helton currently on my bench, Dunn would be nice.

Would Dunn for Helton straight up be fair? This guys team name is "The Reds Suck" so I also believe he is more than willing to move Dunn.

Qualtiy names on his roster:

Dunn, Figgins, Cabrera, A. Jones, C. Cordero, F. Cordero

I'd love to get Dunn and Figgins, but I'm not sure that would be possible. But a Dunn for Helton in this 5x5 league wouldn't be bad at all. I'd gain HR and RBIs, lose in AVG obviously. R would probably be similar and I'd actually gain a few SBs.

Thoughts?

Turn Off Ads?