Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/28 Red Stockings vs. Red Sox

Re: 3/28 Red Stockings vs. Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    It's on the radio, and on XM 184.

I don't have a real good feeling about Dave Williams against that particular line-up.

At. all.

(not that I will have a real good feeling for him on other nights)

Why does it not show up on MLB audio (I think my only option) if it's on the radio and on XM?

Is there some sort of rule that they can only play so many on MLB.com or something?

I don't get it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Alright, I'll kick some PBP in for a while...

Bottom of the 1st...

1.) Tony Womack strikes out. Nice to see that he's already in midseason form. Hopefully his real midseason form will be one to authorize collection of unemployment. 1 out.

2.) Felipe Lopez grounds out to Choi after going full. Reds fans grind their teeth collectively at the thought of him passing through waivers with nary a peep from the boys of Pete Rose Way. 2 out.

3.) Ken Griffey Jr. takes the count full as well before flying out to Wily Mo Pena. After noticing that it was Pena charging on the ball, Griffey started hustling down to first base, knowing full well that there was a better than 50/50 chance it was going to fall for a base hit no matter how much time Pena had to set up under it. Sadly, Wily Mo makes the play. Theo Epstein chuckles from the visitor's box. 3 out.

Heading to the 2nd, let's get some fun news from the Reds beat.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 03-28-2006 at 06:20 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I just bought Game day audio and the dang game is not on! Whats up with that MLB?
    Baseball is life

Heading to the 2nd...

1.) Manny Ramirez sends a Dave Williams pitch to the cheapies. Bronson Arroyo consols Dave, telling him "That's just Manny being Manny." 1-0 Yawkey Boys.

2.) Wily Mo Pena steps in to the box, meanign there is something like a 33% chance that he'll be striking out. Williams induces the pop-up on the infield. Boston fans "Oooh" and "Aaaah" at the power displayed in the popup. Half of RedsZone grumbles about the trade anyway. 1 out.

Marty and Marc discusses Brian Buchanan's chances of making the opening day roster. Answer is not likely.

3.) Hee Seop Choi pops up on the infield. Scott Hatteberg grins smugly. 2 out.

4.) Enrique Wilson steps in as the discussion turns to Eric Milton. Marty and Marc Lancaster dance around the obvious "He sucks" and exchange meaningless cliches. Wilson flies out to end the inning. Dave Williams lives to fight another day. 3 outs.

Heading to the home half of the 2nd, Boston Boys 1, Reds 0.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 03-28-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRed
    I just bought Game day audio and the dang game is not on! Whats up with that MLB?
    Yeah, I feel your pain. I don't understand why it's on the radio, and people can hear it on XM radio, but not on Game day audio. That sucks.

Damn, I wasted my 1,000th post complaining about mlb.com. I wanted to save it for a Griffey or Dunn HR, or something cooler than complaining.

I joined in April 2001 and have 36 points? Who did I tick off? (Kelvin finally paying attention to such things (- But seriously does anyone here go back to the old fastball days? I think that's how I ended up here?
    Baseball is life

Bottom of the 2nd, the Reds find themselves in familiar territory: trailing.

1.) Adam Dunn leads off with a rocket one-hopper off the wall that Pena plays on the short hop, holding Dunn to a single with a good throw. 15 new posts are immediately authored on cincinnatireds.com about Dunn not hustling, Dunn striking out too much, and Dunn eating children. 1 on, 0 outs.

2.) Edwin Encarnacion up to bat, Adam Dunn breaks out a copy of the Tampa Tribune to wait as Clement dilberately works. Encarnacion strikes out swinging, proving that he is, indeed mortal. In the dugout, Jerry Narron informs him of some great real-estate opportunities in Louisville. 1 out.

3.) Scott Hatteberg, acutely aware of how much Reds fans miss the Mayor, grounds into a Casey play to make everyone feel at home.

Reds down 1-0, heading to the 3rd.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 03-28-2006 at 06:34 PM.

got alil captain in u?

where does everybody get this dunn not hustling at

Top of the 3rd...

1.) Alex Cora belts a Dave William pitch into the cheap seats. If I'm going to be doing play by play on a regular basis this year, I may as just leave that sentence on the clipboard to save myself some typing time. 2-0 Boston

2.) Josh Bard gets in on the action by hitting a base hit back up the middle. Dave Williams consoles himself that in the regular season that would be a judy hitting pitcher, which he feels confident about his ability to retire on a semi-regular basis. The other 8 hitters? Anybody's guess. 1 on, 0 outs.

3.) Coco Crips milks a dribbler back to Edwin Encarnacion who makes a glovely play, firing him out at first. The runner advances, and Eddie-E talks trash, saying he always preferred Fruit Loops growing up. 2nd base, 1 out.

4.) Kevin Youklis, Greek God of Walks, hits a soft line drive back to Scott Hatteberg. Billy Beane and Theo Epstein both swoon anyway. 2 outs.

5.) Big Papi draws a Dave Williams walk. That's always a good thing, because I'm betting if Williams actually tried pitching to him, the baseball would disrupt satellite signals that I'm listening to the game on. 2 outs, men on 1st and 2nd.

6.) Manny Ramirez gets caught admiring the upper-80s velocity from Dave Williams and forgets to swing at strike 3. He immediately charges towards the closest member of the Boston media and demands a trade. Everyone has a good laugh and then it's back to the dugout for his glove (not like it really helps him to have it on). Inning ends.

Going to the bottom half of the frame, it's now Boston 2, Reds 0.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 03-28-2006 at 06:41 PM.

Dude, it's Alex Cora! His homerun power is legendary. No reason to think he would do anything other than homer...

All dyslexics must untie!

does anyone here go back to the old fastball days?
    ChipR, westofyou and your's truly. There may be others
    Never overlook the obvious

GM I am trying to remember..when did Fastball end? I had been a member of that for years..
    Baseball is life

In the bottom of the 3rd, and the Reds are now down 2-0. But, they're cool with that, for some reason.

1.) Brian Buchanan steps in, the living embodiment of the age-old wisdom that you should never trust spring training numbers for anyone. He gives a weak attempt at a Clement breaking ball and strikes out swinging. Brian makes a quick stop over at the pet store to buy a snake before opening his locker tonight. 2 outs.

2.) Ryan Freel continues his hot spring by hitting a scrappy pop fly into the outfield for an out. Jerry Narron tells him those pop flies are just too valuable to let into games every night. 2 outs.

3.) Dave Ross up to bat and hits a drive down the right field that just hooks foul. Wait...wait...MY GOD! It's ANOTHER UMPIRE! He's gonna overrule him, by God! It's a Dave Ross Home Run! Dave Ross Home Run! My God! My God! The Reds now trail only 2-1. Jim Ross, apologies.

4.) Tony Womack does what Tony Womack does best: makes an out. He continues the wrestling theme by ripping his jersey off and revealing an "OPS Sucks!" shirt, to the booing crowd. 3 outs

Reds chip away, the Boston lead is down to 1. 2-1
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 03-28-2006 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    ChipR, westofyou and your's truly. There may be others
    Krusty, me--I'm sure there are others.

Fastball was kaput by late 1999, IIRC.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

GM I am trying to remember..when did Fastball end? I had been a member of that for years..
    1999 or 2000, I think. 15Fan, M2, Krusty and princeton all came over from there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?