Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is Freel Starting?

yankee0701

Is Freel Starting?

I need to know for my fantasy team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Freel Starting?

He'll get his playing time, but to start the year he will not be starting at any one position, baring a trade between now and Monday.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Can he be stopped?

ha hoo ha wheeze cough ha ha hoo yow!

We can only hope WayneK comes to his senses and denys Narron Womack by releasing his sorry butt. If Tony's still on the roster for opening day, Freel will not be starting.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Unless someone gets hurt he won't be getting regular at bats.
    Go Gators!

Can he be stopped?

From SI.com's previews:

Freel, 30, emerged as one of the game's better leadoff hitters in 2005, finishing with a .371 on-base percentage and 36 stolen bases from the one hole. He possesses all the attributes of a thinking leadoff man: He is willing to work the count, and he plays to his strength (speed) while minimizing his weakness (limited pop), hitting twice as many ground balls as fly balls. The 5'10", 180-pound Freel has a prototypical small man's game, regularly ripping his uniform on headfirst slides and sprawling catches. His aggressive style sent him to the disabled list twice last season.

Although Freel has sometimes carried his freewheeling to excess off the field -- he was fined and had his license suspended after pleading guilty to driving under the influence in April 2005 -- the Reds prize his enthusiasm, so much so that on the morning of the team's first full-squad spring training workout, manager Jerry Narron told his players he was tired of hearing fans say they loved watching Freel play; he wanted the same cloud-of-dust style from everybody.
    How do you start WOMACK?!?!?! And don't tell me its because he's scrappy...

Freel, who signed a two-year, $3 million extension in December, is a fine building block, a scrappy, multipurpose piece and a face for the franchise.
    Last edited by Dunner44; 03-28-2006 at 07:10 PM.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Freel is too valuable to start
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Is Freel starting on April 1? Not unless there's a trade, a release, or a natural disaster.

Is Freel starting on May 1? I'd bet even money that he will be. The only problem is that we don't know where.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

How do you start WOMACK?!?!?! And don't tell me its because he's scrappy...
    There's just no denying it. Womack is the scrappiest man on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee0701
    I need to know for my fantasy team.
    I always felt like Freel was a good one to have because he can be plugged in to so many positions. I think he'll get sufficient playing time to warrant a spot on your roster - IMO.

Turn Off Ads?