Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Statement from Welsh Last Night

Statement from Welsh Last Night

Did anyone else hear Chris Welsh mention last night that there were rumors of the Reds acquiring a 1st Baseman? I was wondering who might be rumored to be the guy. Also, Krivsky seemed to be concerned about the lack of a closer. I wonder if he is trying to acquire somebody to close.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Statement from Welsh Last Night

I have not really heard anything, nor do I have any connections like some here, but I do really expect to see the Reds active in these last few days before the club heads north.

Not sure if I'm excited about making moves, or dreading it. We'll call it 60/40 excited I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed
    Did anyone else hear Chris Welsh mention last night that there were rumors of the Reds acquiring a 1st Baseman? I was wondering who might be rumored to be the guy. Also, Krivsky seemed to be concerned about the lack of a closer. I wonder if he is trying to acquire somebody to close.

i heard it as well. i'm not really sure who's out there besides pena but he's a free agent. its amazing we get rid of casey and now we are looking for a first baseman.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan
    i heard it as well. i'm not really sure who's out there besides pena but he's a free agent. its amazing we get rid of casey and now we are looking for a first baseman.
    Different Regime - different circumstances.

They don't have a $8 million salary boat anchor anymore - not that Krivsky & Co had anything to do with that trade.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Different Regime - different circumstances.

They don't have a $8 million salary boat anchor anymore - not that Krivsky & Co had anything to do with that trade.

i know but have we really done anything with that 8 million yet?
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

i know but have we really done anything with that 8 million yet?
    Step forward Chris Hammond, Rick White, Adam Dunn and Rich Aurilia

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Im not sure about this but Pena isn't yet a FA, he was placed on waivers and if the Reds claim him I think they are supposed to work out a deal to acquire him. Hopefully the Reds and Dodgers are still in talks about either LaRue or Valentin for the Reds to acquire a closer or if the rumors were true Penny.

Turn Off Ads?