Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Chattanooga roster released(Gardner and Pauly on roster)

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Re: 2006 Chattanooga roster released(Gardner and Pauly on roster)

Villalon

Lundgren

Alvarado

Colina

Lundgren just finished pitching for Australia in the WBC. He's young, yes, but appears to be an extreme control pitcher without much of a way to miss bats. 2006 will be his first stint in AA.

Alvarado hasn't played for the Mets. In 2005 he was in the independent Northern League after spending time in the Pittsburgh (most of his career), Milwaukee, and Detroit organizations.

Villalon last has stats for 2003, when he made 13 starts for Tennessee (St. Louis AA). He's a Cuban defector who was originally signed by Tampa Bay in 2000. He'll join fellow Cuban defector Arian Cruz.

Colina spent 2004 in St. Louis after six years in the Colorado organization. Allegedly he won some sort of MVP award playing in one of the Latin American leagues in 2005.

Baseball America listed that Schramek was released, so I have no idea. He still needs to be converted to a pitcher.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like Schramek was resigned. Did he sign a cheaper contract to return?

Mark Schramek (25) 3b
    - Played in 42 games for Chattanooga in 2003 where he hit .177
    – Hit .214 for Sarasota (2005) in 118 games.

I can't believe this guy didn't get caught up in Wayne's purge of fallen prospects that happened this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    Wayne's a relief pitcher and has been in the minors for six years. Originally drafted by the Red Sox and most recently with the Cardinals.
    Who's Wayne?

Quote Originally Posted by 4256 Hits
    Mark Schramek (25) 3b
    - Played in 42 games for Chattanooga in 2003 where he hit .177
    – Hit .214 for Sarasota (2005) in 118 games.

I can't believe this guy didn't get caught up in Wayne's purge of fallen prospects that happened this spring.
    Wow, I didn't realize that Schramek has been performing that poorly. And at 25, he's running out of time to put it together. You have to think that this year is his last chance.

Wasn't he touted as an excellent hitter when he was drafted? I wonder what happened there.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Wow, I didn't realize that Schramek has been performing that poorly. And at 25, he's running out of time to put it together. You have to think that this year is his last chance.

Wasn't he touted as an excellent hitter when he was drafted? I wonder what happened there.
    Baseball America listed Schramek as the most polished hitter in the draft the year he was taken.

Apparently, Schramek doesn't like wood so much.

Turn Off Ads?