Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/29 Game Thread: Devil Rays at Reds

Re: 3/29 Game Thread: Devil Rays at Reds

Tomorrow's game is being broadcast on ESPN. Not sure if that is common knowledge or not, but I didn't know until last night when I checked to see what games were going to be on TV.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Top of 2.

More plaudits for the handling of Jason LaRue's surgery. He's walking without crutches already. Savvy move to do that for the team captain.

Gomes strikes out swinging on a high fastball.

Norton, the DH. 1-2 count. Struck him out swinging!

Speculation that Brian Buchanan may indeed find his way on to the roster. Still don't buy that. Andy Abad is still in major-league camp? Hal thinks Jacob Cruz "has" to make the team. One of Burns/Coffey/Belisle/Wagner has to go to AAA. Maybe Wagner, just temporarily?

Kearns grabs the fly to right from the third TB hitter. Inning ends.

0-0 after 1.5.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 03-29-2006 at 01:31 PM.

I don't think anyone wants that reserve OF spot. First Wise gets hurt, then they option Denorfia, and now McCracken might be down. At least they have plenty of options....none of which thrill me.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I don't think anyone wants that reserve OF spot. First Wise gets hurt, then they option Denorfia, and now McCracken might be down. At least they have plenty of options....none of which thrill me.

Killer B!
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

I don't think anyone wants that reserve OF spot.
    which is why I said they need to look outside for the 4th OF. Of course they have an easy answer in Denorfia(good with the bat and glove and can play all three OF positions).
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Tomorrow's game is being broadcast on ESPN. Not sure if that is common knowledge or not, but I didn't know until last night when I checked to see what games were going to be on TV.
    If it's on ESPN, then we'll hardly get a mention. It'll be all Red Sox all the time.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Bottom of 2.

1-1 count on The Rich Who Fields Like A Man. Strike two at the letters. Swing checked, count evens. Fastball away gets him for strike three. One down.

Valentin waves at the first pitch. Man, McClung is doing much better today. He was all over the place last time. Count evens.

Got an annoying phone call and missed some stuff.

We return and the inning had ended. Guess nothing happened.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 03-29-2006 at 01:40 PM.

The Reds need to bring in Rob Stratton to break up this no-hit bid Seth McClung has going....

Just sayin'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Top of 3.

Liner to right is caught by Kearns. One out.

2-2 count on the next guy after a good breaking ball. Damon Hollins fails to check his swing on the next one and that's it. Two outs.

Lugo. Liner to left, base hit. He's got both of 'em.

Crawford. Aurilia's on the grass at third: watch out. Ball's high. Outside, 2-0. A strike and then another ball, 3-1. Lugo goes, taken ball four. Two on, two out. That is the very first batter Harang has walked all spring. Impressive.

Cantu. Cannot. After working a 2-2 count, the grounder to Womack finishes the inning.

0-0 after 2.5.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 03-29-2006 at 01:48 PM.

Bottom of 3.

You know, when Buchanan gets his callup, it could be a reprise of the running gag in the later seasons of Married... with Children after David Faustino was trying a rap career and calling himself "Grand Master B". Yeah.

Freel. Leading everyone in stolen bases this spring but still not hitting his weight. 2-0 count. But McClung runs the count even and catches him looking with a third strike. One out.

Womack. In the dirt, ball one. Called strike. Curveball for strike two. Fly-ball out. Two down.

McClung hails from Lewisburg, WV; population 3,500. Now living in Clearwater, major home of the Church of Scientology.

Lopez pokes the first pitch the opposite way in front of Carl Crawford for a single.

Junior. In the dirt as Felipe commits theft. The booty: second base. Count evens, then ball two. Punched foul for strike two. Outside, full count. Some fouls make Seth work. POUNDED OFF THE FENCE IN CENTER, AND HE'LL HAVE A DOUBLE! Lopez scurries home for the first run of the game. 1-0 Reds.

DUNN RIPS THE FIRST PITCH DEEP TO CENTER AND THERE IT GOES IT'S GONNA BEEEEEEEEE GONE SHUT UP GRANDE 3-0 REDS

Kearns (.296) works a 2-2 count, then fouls. Swing and a miss is five strikeouts for McClung, but three for the Reds.

3-0 after 3.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 03-29-2006 at 02:01 PM.

This radio broadcast is like a sleeping pill.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    Crawford. Aurilia's on the grass at third: watch out. Ball's high. Outside, 2-0. A strike and then another ball, 3-1. Lugo goes, taken ball four. Two on, two out. That is the very first batter Harang has walked all spring. Impressive.
    Krivsky needs to seriously consider getting Harang locked into a longer-term deal, maybe on the order of 3 years.

He's had a fantastic spring, showing no ill effects from being worked hard last year, and seems poised to improve upon his excellent 2005 effort. He'll never be a #1, but he could be the #2 man on a VERY solid rotation in the upcoming years if Claussen continues to develop, Arroyo continues to be a league-average pitcher, and the Reds add a top-line FA arm or (in 2007/8) Homer Bailey comes up to front the rotation.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Homer Bailey comes up to front the rotation.
    Maybe eventually, but when he comes up he's the 4th/5th guy.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

HR Dunner!

Dunn! WhOoT

Turn Off Ads?