Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: About 10 of you

Re: About 10 of you

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    In all seriousness though, what's up with Foster? Have I missed a thread or what?
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...=george+foster

2. Turn Off Ads?

Aha, that golden time when I was pretty darn busy. Much appreaciated friend. +rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

Ah, it's just opinion and like my late father used to say, "just like a nose, everybody has one (he used another part of the anatomy, but this is a family forum. ) "

That's what baseball is all about. I've said forever here that my father, probably the most loyal and dedicated fan the Reds have ever had even fired Sparky several times.

Have fun!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I sure hope the 'wannabe 10' never buy my beloved Reds.

Red's owner Carl Lindner succumbs, as the "Redszone 10" leader pickpockets him in front of roughly 34,000

Appears they're are more then 10...

"The 10" should start charging admission
    Go Gators!

Why stop at 10? I am sure there are plenty more than 10.

Seriously, what exactly has Marty done to qualify himself as a baseball expert? Watch the game? Millions of people watch the game every year. What special training, or aptitude has he shown that sets him apart from the Redszone 50? George Foster was a great player. My plummer is a great "septic engineer". That doesn't mean that I want my plummer to be hired to redesign the Cincinnati Sewer System (yes that is a euphemism for the Reds Pitching).

The only potential merit to this type of discussion would be if someone brought up the fact that Marty's and George's comments become static as soon as they are brought to this forum. That is to say, they can't expound upon what they said, or steer the conversation toward what they "meant", as they do not participate here.

Or you could just blame it all on the Redszone 5000.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Why stop at 10? I am sure there are plenty more than 10.
    There is a lot more than 10. Long live SERP!!!!

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Well guy, I called out Marty and Hal in one of the threads your speaking about, so maybe I'm one of the one of the "lucky 10" your tagging with being baseball know it alls.

Which is fine, I'm perfectly willing to have whatever I say (or type, for that matter) criticized here on Redszone. That's the wonder of the internet these days, folks can say whatever it is they want, however intelligent or idiotic.

However, the attack to begin this thread is essentially "they've been doing it forever, so shut your trap because you haven't been."

Did I claim in any way to be more knowledgeable about the game than either of these two gentlemen? The answer is I certainly did not, and do not appreciate in any way someone putting words in my mouth intimating that I did so. But I have eyes and ears, and a brain that controls them, and somedays I use all three of those parts to come to the conclusion of "Hey I think that doesn't sound right" or "Gee, I've been listening for 8 minutes now Marty, perhaps someone might want to tell me on this baseball broadcast, you know, what's happening in the baseball game."

So, if you want to live in a baseball world where everything those guys do is golden, that's fine with me. You're more than welcome to and I wish you the best of luck with it. But sorry guy, I still plan on using my eyes and my ears to determine when someone is feeding me a line of BS or not doing what they are supposed to be doing whilethey pull in a hefty salary to do so every day. And I'll continue to use this forum to do so when what they do doesn't pass the basic smell test.

FWIW, make sure to browse this thread right here from last week.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=782461

Last week, where Hal makes off base, and non-factual claims about Griffey's contract.

Yet that flies right by the editors of the Dayton Daily News. No doubt that they figure "it's Hal" and they, just like you, won't question what he has as copy. Even if it's factually incorrect.

You can find about one of these, every week or so for the last several years. And doesn't take a lot of investigating to do so, sadly.

They call me "chef"

Relax man. Just because I have an abundance of buddy points, I mean reputation points, doesn't mean I am better than anyone. I'm just a lot smarter and more knowledgeable about the game.

Can I be one? Huh? Huh? Can I? Can I? O please, pick me! pick me!

I think this is funny...especially those of you wanting to be part of the 10..that would assume you think you are posters he pays attention too...man o man...I thought there were egos where I work!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by BlfdVaFan
    I even saw a post comparing something Ted Williams said with something Marty said. In Adma Dunn's case I vote with Marty. Ted Williams was talking about Ted Williams and not Adam Dunn.
    Please provide even one quote where Ted Williams said his theories of hitting only applied to himself. Ted Williams never, ever limited his theories on hitting to just himself. Other than fishing and hitting, there was nothing Teddy Ballgame enjoyed doing more than talking about hitting. He loved to help other hitters even when he was a player himself.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

This thread is stupid. Brain cells are withering on the vine even as I type this.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    This thread is stupid. Brain cells are withering on the vine even as I type this.

You're just jealous you're not in the clique.

Oh wait, you are.

Nevermind.

Those who do not try thinking outside the box are doomed to stay within it.

Billy Beane and Sandy Alderson say hello and thank you.

Baseball is loaded with "conventional wisdom" and people who love to use the "I played the game" card. I realize that anecdotal evidence is a powerful and wonderful thing because it demands no verification and is based solely on the perceived signifcance of the presenter.

I'll stick with the motto “In God we trust, all others must have data.”

Conventional wisdom once held the earth was flat and stationary.

Turn Off Ads?