Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: About 10 of you

About 10 of you

There are about 10 posters who honestly believe they know everything there is to know about how to run a baseball team and eveyone else who has a different opinion is wrong.
    Marty has been broadcasting Red's baseball for 30 years but according to the Red's Forum 10 he is as dumb as a broomstick.
    George Foster played the game and was quite successful while wearing a Red's uniform but according to the Red's Forum 10 he is right there with Marty.
    Hal McCoy has forgotten more about baseball than the Red's Forum 10 has ever known. Sadly, he is right there with Marty and George.
    Over the last 30 years Marty, George, and Hal have watched, evaluated, and/or participated in over 10,000 Red's basball games. That doesn't count any other baseball games they may have watched.
    About 10 wannabe's on this board will gladly tell everyone how stupid these people are and how smart and intellectual the Red's Forum 10 are. I even saw a post comparing something Ted Williams said with something Marty said. In Adma Dunn's case I vote with Marty. Ted Williams was talking about Ted Williams and not Adam Dunn.
    I love the way Dunn plays. I do not like his selectivity when the Reds need him to hit the baseball. Dunn does not need a bunch of wannabe GM's defending him. He needs to drive in the runs and swing the bat.
    I sure hope the 'wannabe 10' never buy my beloved Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: About 10 of you

Quote Originally Posted by BlfdVaFan
    I love the way Dunn plays. I do not like his selectivity when the Reds need him to hit the baseball. Dunn does not need a bunch of wannabe GM's defending him. He needs to drive in the runs and swing the bat.
    I sure hope the 'wannabe 10' never buy my beloved Reds.
    I guess Dunn should hit the ball "hard" like Casey does and try to lead the league in DPs. If Casey was half as patient as Dunn at the plate guys like Dunn and Griffey would have even more chances to drive runs in. I guess you would rather have Dunn swing at bad pitches resulting in an out rather than take the walk and get on base? I don't care how he gets on base as long as he is doing that and not makeing outs.

As for Marty and Hal, well IMHO I think Hal is awful and reading his columns drive me nuts. I like Marty but I would take anything Ted Williams said about baseball over Marty everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

What do the Redszone 10 say about personal attacks?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I'm confused.

Is this alleged "Red's Forum 10" the same group as the alleged clique?

If the shoe fits....wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    I'm confused.

Is this alleged "Red's Forum 10" the same group as the alleged clique?
    why yes, but it looks like there is really 14.

School's out. What did you expect?

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Im not in the top 10 i bet...but i wish I was.

Jesus looks a bit like Weird Al.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled battle of the wits...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony
    Jesus looks a bit like Weird Al.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled battle of the wits...
    Notice Charlie Murphy on his right. He hates Marty.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I've been watching it for about 31 years. Been a student of it for about 20;and I do mean I study it. I'm as qualified as Marty Brennaman to make an opinion over the WLW airwaves or make one here.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer
    I've been watching it for about 31 years. Been a student of it for about 20;and I do mean I study it. I'm as qualified as Marty Brennaman to make an opinion over the WLW airwaves or make one here.
    You must be one of the "Red's Forum 10" then!

Are they high tops? I really like high tops.

Okay, I took your advice, but do you have the other shoe? It's getting very uncomfortable walking around with just one shoe on. And it kinda looks silly.

Queen Christine

I love Dunn!
    Who is in the Top 10!!!! And why didn't I know there was a top 10. Because surely i would be in it, if i had known there was one
    By the way.... who is Ted Williams???
    Does that mean i can't be in the Top 10. I wanna be a GM SOOOO BAD!
    Someone PM with what I have to do to be in the top 10!!!!
    I have my fingers crossed!
    I'll do anything!

Oh I so have to be the elusive 11th member. Guys want to be me and girls want to be with me. And I don't wear the standard Top 10 jacket, no sir. It's custom here for this cool cat while I get my hate on for the likes of McCoy and Marty B.

In all seriousness though, what's up with Foster? Have I missed a thread or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

Turn Off Ads?