Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: About 10 of you

Re: About 10 of you

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Doubt it. Nobody has the answers to the exact way baseball should played and the way it should be talked about. I don't see the point in comparing one vs the other. There isn't a black/white way to manage, gm, or bs about the game.
    Okay, but I didnt mention playing or managing.

Really doesn't take a deep understanding to say "that one dropped in for a strike" or write some tired cliche about being a vet who knows how to win.

And I recall a lot of people wondering why a GM with a good grasp would sign a fly ball putcher to pitch in the GAB. DanO was just dazzled by a name. Not what I want in a GM.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Honestly, there are a few people here who are true students of the game and I think in a battle of baseball wits, they would most likely put Marty and Hal (and DanO and a few others) to shame.
    I agree. I think if you put WOY and Steel in the radio booth it'd be a lot more interesting to listen to the game.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I agree. I think if you put WOY and Steel in the radio booth it'd be a lot more interesting to listen to the game.

Which one's Marty? Do they both get to get drunk? Are they both REQUIRED to get drunk? Can you stop either of them from getting drunk?

:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Which one's Marty? Do they both get to get drunk? Are they both REQUIRED to get drunk? Can you stop either of them from getting drunk?

:
    I think I'd throw Nuxhall in there with them, and they can all get drunk if they want. It'd make for must hear radio.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    When I buy the Reds I'm hiring them both.

Raisor to manage
    Go Gators!

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Cleaners are being dispatched to take care of this entire thread. It'll be like this never happened.

We've discovered that the sight of Jessica Simpson in a pair of Daisy Dukes is an excellent mind wipe.

"Just please step right up and look here into this flashy red object"

There, all better? Back to your regularly scheduled programming

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    When I buy the Reds I'm hiring them both.

Raisor to manage

well, cool!

EVERYONE bunts every at bat!

it'll ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62

:
    Answers:

1. No, they cannot stop me from getting drunk on-air. In fact, it will be a requirement that all listeners play a drinking game while listening to games I broadcast. Every time I say, "Well, that pitch sucked." all listeners will be required to tip their beverages. Of course, we'll lose 80% of our audience in the first three Innings and possibly be sued due to the number of listeners ending up in hospitals due to alchohol posioning, but it's a chance I'm willing to take.

2. Yes, I require alcoholic beverages as I respond to them in the same way as Dr. Johnny Fever. I get smarter and quicker the more I drink. Just ask MWM.

Sample of future commentary:

--Ramon Ortiz HR Allowed: (Beer 14)

Steel: "Y'know, woy, only three active Major League pitchers have allowed 50 Doubles and 40 Home Runs in a single season. The Reds have two of them on their staff and if I ever see Dan O'Brien so much as look in Jose Lima's direction, I'll slit my wrists."

woy: "Y'know, Steel...In 1932..."

Steel: "Ramon Ortiz sucked?"

woy: "Well, he's not that old."

Steel: "Sure he is."

woy: "Huh? He's listed age is 32. How do you figure?"

Steel: "Dog years."

woy: "Ok. That is a good point. Anyway, in 1932..."

Steel: "Hey...when we go to the clubhouse after the game, I dare you to walk up to Ortiz when he's at a urinal, look down, chuckle, and say 'Little Pedro INDEED...' and then walk away."

woy: "Dude, we did that one last week."

Steel: "Huh? I don't remember that."

woy: "I'd hope not. You ripped your shirt off, put Adam Dunn's jock on your head and rode around on a bat like it was a stick horse singing the chorus to 'Rawhide'. This was after I pulled that stunt on Ortiz."

Steel: "Hmn. Ok. Two questions. First, washed or game worn? Second, was Ortiz ticked off?"

woy: "The answer to your first question is 'game worn'..."

Steel: "Crap. Not again..."

woy: "Yes, again. And, in response to your second question, no. Surprisingly, Ortiz wasn't grumpy at all. And you did make him laugh right after that anyway so it's all good."

Steel: "Made him laugh? How'd I do that?"

woy: "You tripped over Pena and face-planted flush into the post-game buffet table."

Steel: "Oh...THAT'S why I had ketchup all over my suit..."

woy: "Technically, it was marinara sauce."

Steel: "That explains the shrimp cocktail dreams I've been having."

woy: "I really don't want to know..."

Steel: "Ok, that's fair enough. Anyway, what did Ortiz say when you made fun of his...err...size??"

woy: "He said, 'You think that bad but now you know real reason Danny Graves feel small'..."

"The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

I'd listen
    Go Gators!

since the RedZone 10 has been mentioned now and then...it only seems appropriate to bring this to the forefront as the most absured thread of 2005.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

You just lost your chance to ever join the club, way to go.

I concur, this is at least right up there.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Ridiculous.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I'm still laughing
    Go Gators!

WAGS

hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    since the RedZone 10 has been mentioned now and then...it only seems appropriate to bring this to the forefront as the most absured thread of 2005.
    I missed this the first time around (sort of caught the tail end.).

Turn Off Ads?