Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roster Advice for a Newbie

Re: Roster Advice for a Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xerplastic
    Granderson was drafted. I don't think there's too much help out there on the waiver wire. At least when it comes to hitting. I'm unsure about starting pitchers. Do most people keep 5? I'm reluctant to drop Duke because I want to give him a chance to back up his numbers from last year but I do need more relievers I think.
    Darn. Granderson would have really helped.

As far as the pitching, you have 4 really good SP's and two (Harang, Duke) that are pretty close to be really good and close to each other in talent. For that reason, I'd hang onto both of them for the time being. Eventually, you'll need to pick up another reliever probably, but there's no rush. Let the season start with what you have and give them a chance to put up some numbers and see how you compare to other teams for a couple weeks. If Duke or Harang really struggle then you can consider making a move. If they both take off and excel, you've got trade bait to get your other reliever (who likely will be better than what you find on the wire).
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Re: Roster Advice for a Newbie

What if his league doesn't give points for holds? Mine doesn't.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?