RP B. Lidge (Hou - RP)
    RP D. Turnbow (Mil - RP)
    P C. Zambrano (ChC - SP)
    P B. Myers (Phi - SP)
    P C. Sabathia (Cle - SP)
    BN C. Reitsma (Atl - RP)
    BN B. Penny (LAD - SP)
    BN E. Santana (LAA - SP)

Any advice ideas? 5x5 autodraft league. I seem to be a bit pitcher heavy. There is an innings cap (can't remember what it is, but its the standard yahoo cap) I was thinking about trading one of the starters mid to early season for some offense as all of my starters (except Penny & possibly E Santana) should get many innings baring injury.

May be a little weak in the outfield, unless Garciaparra comes back to his career norms and I can start him at first, shifting Dunn to the OF in place of Mench (whom I hope breaks out)

Piazza at catcher? He went undrafted and I dropped LaRue for him. I figure Piazza has more upside, and if/when he gets hurt again, I doubt LaRue gets picked up. Barrajas out of Texas is still available, should I grab him?

Any thoughts on Bobby Crosby? He's another one I'm looking at replacing should Garciaparra come back and actually stay healthy since he'd qualify at SS still. Edwin Encarnacion is still available and looking like he could rake for the Reds this year, should I try him over Crosby w/ Garciaparra or Lopez sliding to SS? I could put weeks at 2nd and slide Lopez pretty easy.

I traded Scott Kazmir & Casey Blake for Melvin Mora & Rowand. Good trade? Kazmir has struggled this spring, and I should have enough pitching if he pitches as expected. Blake is available on the wire now as the guy dropped him, should I try to pick him back up for 3B & OF depth?

Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thoughts on my team...

I'd definately put Weeks at 2B and put Lopez at SS. That's your best MI alignment. You could probably ditch Crosby. Mora should be at 3B and Nomar at UTIL for the time being. I think Mora will have a better year than Nomar and I like to put my best players in their designated position and put the lesser player in the UTIL position (just a hangup of mine). Once those moves are made, I think your offense is pretty good, but I would definately drop Crosby for the best offensive player on your waiver wire and then I don't think you have too much to improve to be really competitive on offense.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Additionally, Orlando Caberra is currently on the waiver wire. Would he be a good pickup over crosby? In the game reports that I've read, it seems like Orlando is having a solid spring, could catch him on the rebound?

edit: Hmm, best offensive player on the wire? Not many pickins right now. Caberra could have a huge comeback year. Kearns is available. I like Barrajas for a little catching depth, and think he could have a better year than Piazza. Louis Castella is available, but I Caberra better, I'll take a check and see who else is left.

Thanks
    Last edited by medford; 03-30-2006 at 10:39 AM.

I'd probably take Barajas over Piazza at catcher, especially since Petco is such a pitcher's park and Arlington is a hitter's park.

Is Willingham available? If so, I'd pick him up first. If not, drop Piazza and pick up Barajas.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by medford
    Additionally, Orlando Caberra is currently on the waiver wire. Would he be a good pickup over crosby? In the game reports that I've read, it seems like Orlando is having a solid spring, could catch him on the rebound?
    No, don't limit yourself to SS's. You have plenty of depth there. Look for the best offensive player available, regardless of position.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Okay, thanks for the advice, I read up on Willingham real quick, and looks like he'll play some OF & C. I like having a guy that can play qualifies at C and mainly plays another position, as C get so many off days. Being able to rotate him into either C or the OF should help me get close to the maximum 162 games at the C spot.

I also picked up Barrajas over Piazza. I think I always wanted to do this, but wanted someone else to agree w/ me.

Any other advice? I figure I have the pitching to swing a trade or 2 to a pitching deprived team. Anything/anyone I should be looking for? I wouldn't mind picking up another closer.

So right now you have:

C: R. Barajas (Tex - C)
    1B A. Dunn (Cin - 1B,OF)
    2B R. Weeks (Mil - 2B)
    3B M. Mora (Bal - 3B)
    SS F. López (Cin - 2B,SS)
    OF B. Abreu (Phi - OF)
    OF T. Hunter (Min - OF)
    OF K. Mench (Tex - OF)
    Util N. Garciaparra (LAD - 3B,SS)
    BN J. Willingham (Fla - C, OF)
    BN A. Rowand (Phi - OF

for offense? If so, I think you're pretty set, at least for the time being. You could use another OF bat, but I wouldn't be in any hurry to trade your pitching depth. Injuries do happen.

As for the pitching, I don't think you need another closer, but if Chris Ray, Tom Gordon, or Mike Gonzalez are available, I'd be tempted. If not, then I'd hold with what you have and maybe ask around to see what OF you could get for Penny or Santana (who you really shouldn't need).
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

yeah pretty much. I think E Santana could break out this year, at least he seemed poised to do so at the end of last year. I Probably won't put him in my linup much early in the year until he gets a couple of starts under his belt. Figure if I trade one of my big name pitchers for a stud outfielder, he has the potential to fill in.

I also added Mike Gonzalez to the pen in exchange for E Santana.

Thanks for the help, I think I've got my team set for now. I may still look to add an OF bat down the road thru a trade for one of my pitchers.

I also added Mike Gonzalez to the pen in exchange for E Santana.

Thanks for the help, I think I've got my team set for now. I may still look to add an OF bat down the road thru a trade for one of my pitchers.

Sure. I think you're in pretty good shape for now, but yeah, I'd keep an open mind to trading a pitcher for an OF down the road.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Jo. Santana, Halladay, Zambrano, B. Myers, Sabathia, Penny, E. Santana!?!?
    That is a awesome staff. I would look to make one of two trades.
    1) Trade one of your starters along with Reitsma and see if you can't land a better closer. That would give you Turnbow as your 3rd closer, you would dominate.
    2) Trade a SP with Mench or Rowand and land a top 15 outfielder. You would still have enough pitching to be on top.

OK, I'm back for some more help as the first round I think severly upgraded my team. At least so far.

Both Sabathia & Garciaparra are now on the DL. I put CC on my DL (can only DL 1 person) as it seems that Mrs Mia Hamm will be back quicker.

I'm looking to add a bat as I should be able to get by w/ the rest of my staff. I no longer have any infield depth, which I could live w/ for a short period of time.

I'm not really enamored w/ Mench so somebody that could possibly fill an outfield spot would be nice if Mench doesn't fill his potential.

Which of these guys would you pick up?
    Kearns: seems to be hitting the ball really well right now and at the end of ST
    Granderson: Should give me a boost in the Stolen Base department, and could be used in a trade when my roster gets healthy
    Blake: Qualifies at both the OF & 3B, giving me a little bit more roster Flex.

Out of those 3, I'd pick up Granderson.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Thanks RL, that is the way that I was leaning as I think he could become a hot commodity in a month or so if he continues what he did this spring. Besides, how could I not value your judgement after all the help you've given me so far.

Here's a couple extra rep points, you deserve them.

Edit: apparantly I had to spread my rep points around first before I gave them to you again. Then after doing such, it said I've given to many away and have to wait 24 hours. I'll get them to you eventually
    Last edited by medford; 04-05-2006 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks RL, that is the way that I was leaning as I think he could become a hot commodity in a month or so if he continues what he did this spring. Besides, how could I not value your judgement after all the help you've given me so far.

Here's a couple extra rep points, you deserve them.

Edit: apparantly I had to spread my rep points around first before I gave them to you again. Then after doing such, it said I've given to many away and have to wait 24 hours. I'll get them to you eventually
    Not a big deal. Glad I could help you out. Kearns is going to have to prove more to me than he has so far before I would recommend him over Granderson. Blake is average overall, and average sometimes helps on fantasy teams, but Blake is very streaky, he gets hot and he gets real cold, in the end his numbers are average. A lot like Aaron Boone. Those kinds of guys kill fantasy teams if you keep them for long periods of time. They're great to have on your team when they're hot, terrible to have when they are not.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?