Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have MLB2006 The Show?

Anyone have MLB2006 The Show?

I'll post a long reply in thread later. I think this is the best baseball game I've EVER played.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone have MLB2006 The Show?

Yeah I do. No way this game beats MVP 2005, but it's still excellent. Player/prospect progression is terrible in this game, it's like it doesn't exsist.

Yes I do and it beats MVP 2005 hands down.

Sorry TC We'll have to disagree on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    Yeah I do. No way this game beats MVP 2005, but it's still excellent. Player/prospect progression is terrible in this game, it's like it doesn't exsist.

What do you mean player and prospect progression is terrible? I am only 30 games into my season with the reds, you have to hire coaches that speed up the progression I believe. But please explain what you meant.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I like the career mode. I also like that you can skip to your next appearance or at bat. MVP 06 NCAA Baseball is a lot more fun IMO.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I wanna know about this player progression and what it is like.

WilyMo

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    www.operationsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    There was player progression issues with last years, MLB 2006 but I've not heard any complaints for 'The Show' and it was supposed to be one of the bugs that was fixed.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I had it, liked it but sold it because I want MLB 2K6 for graphics and WBC play. I may change my mind once I get 2K6 if I don't like it.

Last night I had time to hammer out 4 games. So far I am 19-16 with the Reds. I have had winning streaks of 6 and 4. I am currently on a 3 game winning streak at home, that saw me beat the nationals and then two in a row over the former Wild Card leading Phillies (I knocked them out of that spot and now the Cubbies are in it.) I am two games out of the division lead behind the Stros I believe, and two games out of the wildcard as well.

Pitching
    Weathers has 15 saves, in 15 opportunities. Mercker has a 1.19 ERA in abou 18 appearances. Paul Wilson is leading the staff, winning his last 5 starts, with a 5-1 record and ERA of around 3.30.

Other Notables (Roundabout figures):
    Harang 2-4, 3.20 ERA
    Claussen 4-2, 3.00 ERA (Probably most dependable at this point, has been on 1 hot streak)
    Milton 3.65 ERA, 2-4
    Bronson Arroyo 2-3, 3.90 ERA

In relief I can say Luke Hudson is my go to guy other than Mercker. He has led the team in appearances with 20+, 2.90 ERA, a boatload of K's. Always makes the clutch pitch. If anyone falters in the rotation I'll probably insert Dave Williams and not Hudson into the rotation initially because of how much I like him in the Set up role. I have also used Wagner, and recently Alan Simpson (recently called up from Louisville over Todd Coffey) in set-up situations. Wagner's been getting the K's and the majority of big outs, and while he'll probably be my closer or be given the shot down the line, his ERA is over 5.00. I called up Simpson because he was red hot at Louisville. Chris Hammond is the situational Lefty and he's been very good in about 5.0 IP.

Offense
    Adam Dunn hits 3rd 80% of the time and plays left field. Every once in a while he spells Aurilia at first base. Dunn's been striking out alot but the power numbers are there. He is hitting .230, 12 Homeruns, and 21 RBI. He has stolen 5 bases in 6 chances. He's been getting hot of late, with two first inning homers in the last two games against the phillies (Off Lieber, Brett Myers successively.)

Kearns started the year very very hot. He had about 13 RBI in the first week and has had like 7 since then. He's the everyday right fielder. He's hitting like .305, with 7 HR and 20 RBI. He hit a walkoff homerun in the second game of the season off Ryan Dempster to get the team rolling when he was down to his last strike. It was awesome. He's probably the most solid offensive option but he really tires alot. He is not durable, just like his real life counterpart. He needs a day off a week to stay fresh.

Griffey has been iffy. He is hitting around .220-.230 with 4 HR and 10 RBI. He just had a two homer game that helped me get by the Phillies. He's been getting hot of late because I've started to use his contact swing instead of power. He strikes out second most to dunn, and plays a great center field. *I'll also note that he's been on the trading block all season. I want a quality pitcher in return for him, a starter or guy who could be a future closer. I haven't seen it yet so I'll hang onto him unless I get it. I almost gave him up for Mike Sweeney but didn't.

Rich Aurilia--- This guy has been SOLID. He plays almost every day and even when tired he crushes the ball. He hit around .340-.330 in April. He has cooled off but his average is still almost .310. He has 7 HR and 18 RBI. He is the starting first baseman and when I give EE the day off he plays third, moving Dunn or occasionaly Jacob Cruz to first. I know it's a video game, but to me, he is a man now. He is "RICK" Aurilia. Solid, solid, solid.

Freel- .270, hitting way over .300 in may, 4 stolen bases, 4 caught stealing. Leads off every day and played SS alot in the absence of Lopez but now starts at second.

Womack- UGH. He stinks. Had an 8 game hitting streak in april but is now hitting .220 barely. He leads off when freel gets the day off. I think he has a stolen base or two, but is the king of the weak ground out to second. Has a very weak arm. I don't see him in a reds Uniform after this season in my franchise. Plays Left occasionally and second base when I spell freel.

Lopez- started the season cold, and after about 5-10 games suffered a hand contusion that landed him on the 15 day DL. This forced the callup of Anderson Machado!!! Lopez recently came back, and slowly I eased him into pinch hitting situation, then a start while he was still a bit hurt. Something cool, one game (his last before being completely healthy) I started him and he went 3 for 4 with 2 big RBI against the Diamondbacks. He hits second and plays a good short every day. He's hitting .275 now, 1 HR, 3 RBI, and a stolen base. Love him as the second hitter.

Anderson Machado- recently sent back down to Louisville. Hit over .300 in his callup and really can fly. He split time with Olmedo but overall got the majority of the starts at SS and a few 2B. Might be called up again should another injury happen/Olmedo stop hitting.

Olmedo- Has a couple RBI in a few starts. Plays well defensively filling in at shortstop and third base. hitting around or over .300

Cruz- Started VERY slow, strikes out too much, but as usual is a great pinch hitter and spot starter in Left and Right field. Started the season splitting time with Denorfia as the 4th OF but is now the 4th OF option and probably #1 pinch hitter with all the starters in the lineup. Has 2 big pinch hit Homeruns and 10 RBI, hitting .310, and something neat, hits Lefties way better than righties.

Larue- Great start. I think its breakout season in real life, and the game did not let me down in that aspect. Hits 8th primarily, sometimes 7th, and once or twice 5th when the lineup was thing. Strikes a bit, but is hitting around .290 with 3 HR and 15RBI. Pitchers try to jam him inside but he just keeps mashing that pitch. Tires easily.

Javier Valentin-- Solid backup. Hitting .250 with 2 HR and 8 RBI. Has pinch hit several times and done a fine job of it. Starts abou 30% of the time at catcher for Larue and does well. Strikes out alot.

Denorfia- pleasant suprise. Has about 4 starts and several pinch hits. Hitting over or around .300 with 2 HR (one off Mark Mulder) and 6-8 RBI. Will stay on the roster as the 5th OF if he always does that.

almost forgot Ed Encarnacion.
    He's raw, but is tough, plays a great 3B for me. He strikes out as much as anyone, and gets eaten alive by high fastballs, which I chase like a madman. He has connected on a few, and hit 3 HR. He's hitting in the lower .200s with abou 10RBI. When he connects, he really hits it as hard as anyone. He's going to be my 3B and a cornerstone along with Dunn for a long, long time. Usually hits 8th, but against tough righties (Which he's hitting abou .180 against) I have dropped him down to 8th. He has suprisingly impressive speed.

Hope you guys liked the update read on my franchise.

bump

I'm thinking of either picking up this game or 2K6 for my PSP, sounds like i should go with The Show.

I would man. This game is so realistic. Every player in it that is really in MLB in real life's face looks just like his real life counterpart.

The best baseball game ever.

I'll fire up my PS2 and post my stats for the season so far.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

sweet. By the way I'm playing it on the hardest level, I forget what its called, but I think its Hall of Famer. Only way to go and get better.

Turn Off Ads?