Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have MLB2006 The Show?

Re: Anyone have MLB2006 The Show?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    MLB 06 has a manage only mode.

just sayin'.
    http://www.ootpbaseball2006.com/news...ews=view&id=59

^^^ check that out and tell me they are even in the same ballpark for what they are

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I went and purchased a PS2 just for this game.

I'm not going to go as far as JPUP, and call it the best, but it is enjoyable.

One thing that ticked me off.....

I started a career mode. Hit well in spring training. Got sent to AAA to start the season. No biggie, I'm only 18. So I pound AAA hitting, and get called up on May 22nd or around that date. I go on to hit .331, 18, 57 for the rest of the season (hitting behind Griffey and Dunn).
    So I go to start the next season, and I am back in AAA. WTF?

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
    I went and purchased a PS2 just for this game.

I'm not going to go as far as JPUP, and call it the best, but it is enjoyable.

One thing that ticked me off.....

I started a career mode. Hit well in spring training. Got sent to AAA to start the season. No biggie, I'm only 18. So I pound AAA hitting, and get called up on May 22nd or around that date. I go on to hit .331, 18, 57 for the rest of the season (hitting behind Griffey and Dunn).
    So I go to start the next season, and I am back in AAA. WTF?
    .331/18/57 and sent down! Looks like you need to rat out the coach and let him know your not happy.

One thing that bugged me was the free-agent pool.. I mean honestly who didn't want the Rocket to join Cincinnati?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    How much is the game?
    it's on sale at Circuit City through today (Saturday) for $27.88

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

It seems the older I get (30 now) the more I enjoy games that let you be the GM and leave the "playing" to the players/computer. That's why I love OOTP6 and can NOT wait for OOTP 7 to hit the market.
    I only pitch and hit. I leave the baseunning, fielding, and throwing to the computer. Although I will say that the computer will always try for the extra base and gets thrown out a lot more than in real life, that's for sure.

Also- could someone tell me how I play with the "all-time greats" like advertised on the box? I owned a similar verison of this game a few years ago and could never find this mode either. Drives me nuts.

Just picked up the game at Target. Haven't even opened it yet, but this thread is the main reason for my purchase, well....I'm off to go play now, I'll come out of hibernation at about 2:00 on Monday.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

They call me "chef"

I bought the game yesterday. So far Adam Dunn is 1-8 with 7 K's and Kearns is 1-8 with 6 K's. Everyone else is doing great though.

Does anyone know the trick for throwing curves and sliders? They always seem to be erratic and random, going for passballs one moment and down the pipe the next. Please share the secret.

You place the ball cursor where you want the ball to start it's break, not where you want it to end up. Then hit your meter just right. Don't let the meter go to the red, or you are over throwing it. Hit the little line and that's your release point.

Hope that helps.

I love how you pick where the pitch starts instead of where it ends. It was so easy to pick the corners with the older games it was just stupid.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75
    You place the ball cursor where you want the ball to start it's break, not where you want it to end up. Then hit your meter just right. Don't let the meter go to the red, or you are over throwing it. Hit the little line and that's your release point.

Hope that helps.
    Yeah I already knew about the break. I guess my question is, should I stop the power meter in the yellow or green? I've experimented with it and I either get my breaking pitches to hang lifelessly high or to sink quickly into the dirt. I can't hit the happy medium in between. I was wondering if there was any trick to it besides just trying to find the right release point, but I guess I just need to keep experimenting. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    Yeah I already knew about the break. I guess my question is, should I stop the power meter in the yellow or green? I've experimented with it and I either get my breaking pitches to hang lifelessly high or to sink quickly into the dirt. I can't hit the happy medium in between. I was wondering if there was any trick to it besides just trying to find the right release point, but I guess I just need to keep experimenting. Thanks though.

You can change it to classic pitching which eliminates the meter

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    I bought the game yesterday. So far Adam Dunn is 1-8 with 7 K's and Kearns is 1-8 with 6 K's. Everyone else is doing great though.

Does anyone know the trick for throwing curves and sliders? They always seem to be erratic and random, going for passballs one moment and down the pipe the next. Please share the secret.
    it's different for every guy. each pitcher has a different release point and the ball breaks different for each guy. you really have to learn your pitchers.

btw, this game is like crack.....i guess. it's very addicting.
    Last edited by Jpup; 04-03-2006 at 03:44 AM.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

They call me "chef"

I noticed that some pitchers can't throw breaking pitches (most notably curves and sliders) over the inside corner. It will usually hang over the plate or get past the catcher for a wild pitch. But on the outside corner the control and release point is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    MLB 06 The Show is the best baseball game that I have ever played on any console. If you like baseball and you like video games, you owe it to yourself to pick it up.
    when you say console above, do you mean just the PS/2, Xbox, etc. or do you include the PC in that as well?

Turn Off Ads?