Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Help with team

Help with team

I'm going to start a new thread on my team to ask for assistance, as the previous thread mainly dealt with draft strategy.

Here is the team I drafted:

C- V. Martinez (Cle)
    1B- R. Sexson (Sea)
    2B- C. Utley (Phi)
    3B- M. Mora (Bal)
    SS- R. Furcal (LAD)
    OF- J. Bay (PIT)
    OF- M. Holliday (Col)
    OF- J. Gomes (TB)
    UTIL- B. Wilkerson (Tex)
    UTIL- C. Crisp (Bos)

Hitting categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS

SP- R. Harden (Oak)
    SP- B. Myers (Phi)
    SP- J. Patterson (Was)
    SP- E. Bedard (Bal)
    RP- B. Ryan (Tor)
    RP- T. Gordon (Phi)
    P- C. Ray (Bal)
    P- M. Gonzalez (Pit)
    BN- J. Bonderman (Det)
    BN- K. Escobar (LAA)

Pitching categories: IP, W, L, SV, R, HR, BB, K, ERA, K/9

I had problems during the draft and accidentally drafted Furcal instead of H. Matsui, and accidentally drafted D. Bush at the end of the draft (who I've already dropped and picked up Escobar). I also reviewed my ranking sheets and found that I made several errors. I ranked a lot of top of the order hitters above middle of the order hitters for some reason (did it last minute), so thus, you've got the team I have now. Not sure what to do to improve it. Not much on the waiver wire offensively besides Jonny Gomes, Preston Wilson, Luis Gonzalez (Arz), Shea Hillenbrand, Curtis Granderson, Mark Loretta, and Ronnie Belliard.

On the pitching side, there are some good pitchers out there: Chris Young, Francisco Liriano, Loiaza, Wakefield, Jorge Sosa, Daniel Cabrera, and Oliver Perez.

Should I try and trade a pitcher (Bonderman, along with an OF like Crisp or Wilkerson and try to get a power bat? Should I try to trade Crisp and Bonderman for Felipe Lopez and a pitcher (Harang or Radke are two the other owner may give up in that trade) and then turn around and deal Furcal for Jim Thome, whose owner doesn't have a very good SS (O. Cabrera)? Not sure what to do, and would appreciate any advice you can give. Personally, I think I'm a little too "top of the order hitter" heavy and those middle of the order guys I do have (Sexson, Bay, Utley, Guillen, and Martinez may not drive in 100 runs each, which I would need them to do. So I think I need to pick up a power bat somehow.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 03-31-2006 at 01:32 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Help with team

definitely add Gomes and drop Guillen

i'd get Granderson too

power can be found on the waiver wire throughout the year, just focus on getting the best playrs you can right now, and the rest will work itself out

I don't follow the Eggs as much as I should, but is Gomes guaranteed playing time all year? I think it'd be hard to sit him, but with Crawford, Baldelli permanant starters, and Gathrait and Delmon Young pushing, not to mention if Huff doesn't work out at 3B and has to go back to the OF, could Gomes sit if he struggles for any period of time, or will they just rotate the OF's and put Gomes at DH?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm thinking of dropping Wilkerson instead of Guillen for Gomes. Guillen could provide me with 30 HR / 90 RBI, but I only see 25/70 upside from Wilkerson, although he will have many more BB's and and runs scored than Guillen. I already have Coco Crisp for runs scored, although after I drop Wilkerson for Gomes, I might try and trade Coco Crisp for Brian Giles to pick up some more walks, RBI, OBP, and OPS. Although I hate giving up guys that hit in good hitting parks (Wilkerson and Crisp) for guys in pitching parks (Giles) or neutral parks (Gomes)
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I dropped Guillen and picked up Gomes.

Now, next problem. Coco Crisp. I'm thinking of trying to trade him for Brian Giles, so I can get more HR, RBI, BB's, OBP, and OPS in that spot on my roster. Anyone else you guys can think of that would be a better player to trade for, and that Crisp could fetch?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?