Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arroyo is Sports Guy's quote of the day

Arroyo is Sports Guy's quote of the day

Bronson Arroyo... what was it like to get traded to the Reds?

"It's one of those scenarios you feel will never happen to you. Nobody thinks they're going to be the one, whatever, to get in a car wreck to have their, you know, their kids killed in a plane crash, whatever, you don't think those things are going to happen to you. And I didn't think that I'd be traded. So."
    This is the Quote of the day on the Sports Guy's page on ESPN Page 2.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

Maybe it's just me... but I think I'd rather play for the Reds than have my children die in a plane crash.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arroyo is Sports Guy's quote of the day

oops, wrong thread

I'm sure that people who have been in a car wreck, or have had their kids killed in a plane crash feel bad for Arroyo. Its a tough life, playing in the Majors.

Wow, that's unbelieveably stupid.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

This is the kind of stuff that Arroyo needs to stop saying. I don't care if it is how he feels, he needs to have a little more respect for the Reds. I mean, yeah, we suck, but come on! We might get better because of guys like you, Bronson.

what a moron. i think he has already won the coveted "top6's least favorite Red" title this year. that's good news for rich aurillia, who has now been promoted to 24th favorite - a spot he hasn't enjoyed since danny graves was released.

OK, just browsed the game thread. If Bronson keeps pitching like that, he can personally insult my mother in interviews for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by top6
    OK, just browsed the game thread. If Bronson keeps pitching like that, he can personally insult my mother in interviews for all I care.

Just to put this thing in perspective, he didn't really bash the Reds specifically. I think he just felt like he was betrayed by the Red Sox because of the contract negotiation and so on. He'll come around.

Quote Originally Posted by top6
    I guess we just need to figure out a way for Bronson to stay pissed off. My suggestion would be for him to surf Redszone.com on a daily basis and read what people have to say about him. That ought to do it.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

As a bit of a follow-up...

I don't really think he was comparing playing for the Reds to dying in a plane crash.

I really think he was just shocked to be traded at all. He signed for below market value to play for the Sox, and they assured him he was going to stay in Boston. I'm sure he really was quite surprised to hear the news.

Not that it wasn't a stupid thing to say anyway... I just don't really take it as as big of the slight to the Reds as some others might.

Edit: SeeinRed posted this same thing while I was typing...
    Last edited by sigep529; 03-30-2006 at 03:49 PM.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Let me go ask my widowed grandma if she can send a "condolences" card to Bronson for having to go through such a traumatic ordeal.

Bronson might just get that "Team Cancer" label that helps him get traded.

If he pitches like he did today, I don't care what he says...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Bronson might just get that "Team Cancer" label that helps him get traded.
    There is no evidence at all that he will be a "Team Cancer." He made a stupid comment, and it wasn't even aimed at the Reds in my opinion. How many players do you hear say "you just don't think it will happen to you" after they get traded. Thats essentially what he said, only he made it sound stupid. Like I said earlier, he felt betrayed, IMO.

I agree with Sigep, I highly doubt he was taking about the Reds specifically, just being traded in general.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?