Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nationals Released outfielder Michael Tucker

Nationals Released outfielder Michael Tucker

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions
    Nationals Released outfielder Michael Tucker. Do you think he is worth a look? I would prefer him over Womack on the roster.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nationals Released outfielder Michael Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions
    Nationals Released outfielder Michael Tucker. Do you think he is worth a look? I would prefer him over Womack on the roster.
    he is certainly more capable McCracken but that isn't saying much. Denorfia is a much better option than the other chaff floating around
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

He's old and vetty..sign him up.
    Go Gators!

Nope, he's Jimbo's pal - I'm shocked they did it.

Jim Bowden was to Michael Tucker as Dan O'Brien was to Corky Romano.

BTW - Pass on Tucker. He might hook up with someone.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Michael Tucker falls onto that list of outfielders that are (or were) victims of the escalated salaries in baseball. They are too good for their own good because they are not good enough to be budgeted into most team's budgets. Outfielders are just too easy to replace.

Marquis Grissom, Reggie Sanders, ...
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

got alil captain in u?

why do i expect to see him in a reds uniform in a few days but i hope not we got enough old guys

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I have only witnessed three other ballplayers divide a clubhouse quicker than Michael Tucker. Stay FAR, FAR away from him.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    I have only witnessed three other ballplayers divide a clubhouse quicker than Michael Tucker. Stay FAR, FAR away from him.
    In addition to Bonds, who are the other 2?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Greg Zaun (believe it or not) and Greg Vaughn. Funny how their names rhyme.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Greg Zaun (believe it or not) and Greg Vaughn. Funny how their names rhyme.
    Surprised you'd mention Vaughn since his presence in 99 was credited by many Reds fans as having a positive effect on that team. Not doubting you, but it just flies in the face of the conventional wisdom.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Surprised you'd mention Vaughn since his presence in 99 was credited by many Reds fans as having a positive effect on that team. Not doubting you, but it just flies in the face of the conventional wisdom.
    In '99 his scare tactics worked VERY well. Picking up players by their throat, threatening bodily harm and such can have a positive effect when other methods have fallen on deaf ears. However, when he was in Tampa that didn't play so well. Not to mention Greg's abilities and swing had seriosuly declined. Tough to back up your speeches and antics with a .190 batting average.

Zaun was another case all by himself. He and Brad Ausmus had it out in Detroit and Zaun was eventually traded. Zaun was going to the pitchers to campaign for playing time. The pitchers were very uncomfortable with the situation. You could see the strain on these guys when throwing bullpen sessions or even before games. Zaun would jump from one locker to the next asking these guys to go to Phil garner to tell him they wanted him behind the plate. Of course word got back to Ausmus and Zaun denied everything. Randy Smith was the GM at the time. I remember hearing him go nuts on Zaun in the managers office. You could hear him through the door. When Zaun was traded he left a note above Ausmus' locker that read something to the effect of "I thought this clubhouse was big enough for both of us". A couple of beat writers wrote the entire note down word for word and printed it. If memory serves correct it was Todd Jones and C.J. Nitkowski that went to Ausmus and eventually Phil Garner.

That was a wild spring training. Juan Gonzalez, Tony Clark, Damian Easley, Hideo Nomo, Bobby Higginson, Eric Munson and Robert Fick. Fick's nickname was appropriately "Wild Hillbilly". They sort of named him after the GI Joe character Wild Bill. He could pack more F-Bombs into a sentence than Buddy Bell.
    Cedric 3/24/08

He's done, stick a fork in him. The only pitch he can remotely get on anymore is the 4 seamer. That doesn't get it done.

what did Tucker do that was so bad? I thought he was good buddies with Larkin and some of the other guys.
    Did he complain about playing time when Jack gave the LF job to Dimtri Young?
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

He was one of the "clique" leaders in the clubhouse. Wish I could find some of the media's stories about the cliques and problems they were having. Bowden got rid of all of his problem children including Tucker. Alex Ochoa was guilty by association and was shipped out too. Truly unfortunate because Alex was not a "divider". I'm not going to go into any more detail than that but I remember how bad it was.
    Cedric 3/24/08

I'm not doubting you.. but it seems very "high school" to be worried about cliques in the clubhouse. But maybe it's worst than I am assuming. I just assumed Tucker and Ochoa got shipped out to save cash. Although maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't several other veteran players get shipped out at about the same time (within say 6 months)? I want to say Todd Walker and maybe Remlinger.. but perhaps my mind is in a fog.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?