Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Athletes who tried to become enterainers

Re: Athletes who tried to become enterainers

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Hulk Hogan had a TV series at one time (costarring with Jack Lemon's son) but I can't remember the name of it. I do remember that I watched it (liked it) and that he drove a kick- boat!
    The show was "Thunder in Paradise". Thanks for mentioning that his sidekick was Jack Lemon's son. Every time I watched that show I spent most of my time wondering 'why does this guy look so damn familiar'? It bugged the heck out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Oh, I just thought of another... Dean Cain. IIRC, he was a pretty good QB at either USC or UCLA.
    He played safety at Princeton in the late 1980s. Led the nation in interceptions in his senior year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Estella Warren use to be a world class synchronized swimmer.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Does Chuck Norris count?
    Chuck Norris doesn't sleep, he waits.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    Ed Marinaro nearly won the Heisman trophy before becoming an actor; he's best known for being in "Hill Street Blues."
    Michael Warren is another 'Hill Street Blues' cast member who was an athlete - he was a starting guard on UCLA's basketball team.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Bill Goldberg played football for the Falcons. He's had a few movie roles.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Johnny Weissmuller was one of the world's best swimmers in the 1920s, winning five Olympic gold medals and one bronze medal. He won fifty-two US National Championships and set sixty-seven world records. After his swimming career, he played Tarzan in twelve motion pictures.

GL

Turn Off Ads?