Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Wrigley's Bleachers have a Name

Wrigley's Bleachers have a Name

Wrigley's bleachers to be renamed the "Bud Light Bleachers." Retired "Burgerville" bleachers, formerly of Crosley Field, could not be reached for comment.

http://www.theneweditor.com/index.ph...ight-Beer.html
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wrigley's Bleachers have a Name

If the bleacher bums are drinking Bud Light, it'll be a lot harder for them to get drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by tsj017
    If the bleacher bums are drinking Bud Light, it'll be a lot harder for them to get drunk.

Why? Light Beer is light because it is lower in calories, not alcohol. In fact most processes for making light beer involve converting more of the sugars into alcohol, resulting in a lower calorie beer with a higher alcohol level. Most breweries then remove some of the alcohol to bring it back down to the levels of a typical American pilsner. If they didn't, they'd run the risk of being designated a malt liquor in some states.

Now if you mean it will be harder to get drunk because Bud Light just doesn't taste good, that's a different story.

I suppose the next question is, will they still be able to buy Old Style in the Bud Light Bleachers?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Next up is a McDonald's across the street.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    I suppose the next question is, will they still be able to buy Old Style in the Bud Light Bleachers?
    Good question. I was wondering the same thing. Of course if I had to choose between Old Style and Bud Light, I'd choose Bud Light every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Good question. I was wondering the same thing. Of course if I had to choose between Old Style and Bud Light, I'd choose Bud Light every time.
    I would also choose Bud Light every time - EXCEPT if I was drunk at Wrigley Field where, oddly enough, Old Style mysteriously becomes the best beer in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by top6
    I would also choose Bud Light every time - EXCEPT if I was drunk at Wrigley Field where, oddly enough, Old Style mysteriously becomes the best beer in the world.
    I hear you. First time I went there was in the mid-late 80s to see the Reds play there. My dad started talking to these guys sitting next to us and they eventually started buying us beers and some of them were Old Styles. Old Style never tasted that good before or since.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I don't think Old Style is too bad. Bud Light tastes like water to me. You couldn't pay me to drink it.

Incidentally the radio has been reporting all morning that Wrigley Field's name will soon be changing its name to Walter E Smith Field. To anyone who has half a brain, this is clearly an April Fool's joke, but everyone around me is freaking out. Cubs fans. what can you do.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Tell them Disney has decided to buy the Cubs and will be changing the logo to feature Winnie the Pooh and will be renaming Wrigley as "Hundred Acre Field." The red Wrigley Field sign out front will be replaced by a sign that says "Mr. Sanders."

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Tell them Disney has decided to buy the Cubs and will be changing the logo to feature Winnie the Pooh and will be renaming Wrigley as "Hundred Acre Field." The red Wrigley Field sign out front will be replaced by a sign that says "Mr. Sanders."
    On top of that, the new enterance to the bleachers will say "Trespassers Will".
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?