Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread 3/31 at Indians

Re: Game Thread 3/31 at Indians

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    Thanks Coffeybro.

Hopper hit .310/.354/.368 with 25 steals in 451 AB last year in Chattanooga.

Ewwww. I thought he did a whole lot better than that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    Ewwww. I thought he did a whole lot better than that.
    What do you mean. Those batting average driven, no power, speed guys almost always pan out. Just look at Tony Womack!
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

FWIW (and there isn't a whole lot for it) the Reds are 20-11 in GL action.

Couldn't we petition the MLB for games played in March to count for April or May?

Just sayin'....
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

It is really hard for me to believe that Womack is going anywhere.

I also heard that quote from Narron. But there is only one person in the Reds organization that I trust what they say. That is Bob Castellini. He has said things and followed them up with actions. Everyone else has said things that were complete lies. I would rather someone in the front office answer the question truthfully or if they are not allowed to answer the question (pending trade or signing) then answer with a "no comment" rather than say there is nothing happening on the trade front or what ever. More than anything else, including the O'Brien fireing, i like Castellini because he is a "straight-shooter" and you dont find those in baseball anymore.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

And for his career year, Hopper got re-signed and sent back to the same level. He's not going to play in the major leagues without a lot of luck.

I would have said that same thing last year watching Jeff Bannon's error-friendly fielding and lack of plate discipline outweigh decent power, but he's hustled his head off in camp, hit well, and stolen a fistful of bases. He may have his Crash Davis-length time in the Show one of these years.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 03-31-2006 at 12:43 PM.

Can he be stopped?

RHP Tommy Phelps was just released... didn't know where to put it, but Marc's reporting it on his blog.

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Someone had the "Free Norris Hopper" sig line about the time I had my "Free Jeremiah Piepkorn" tag line.

Those 2002-2003 wacky Dayton Dragons. You can't forget about Norris Hopper and Wandel Campana.

Nuts city, I'd tell ya.

Seriously, what would you guys do if Wirfin Obispo ended up with the Dragons? Crap your pants in excitement and go out to make signs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44
    Seriously, what would you guys do if Wirfin Obispo ended up with the Dragons? Crap your pants in excitement and go out to make signs?
    We had Jeremiah Piepkorn last year in Dayton. My two boys when ballistic everytime that guy got to the plate.

Too bad he's not much of prospect. Too bad you couldn't understand the sarcasm.

You think the Reds losing for 4 years in a row is bad. Try following the Dragons and the pitch-to-contact-75-pitches-watch-the-first-pitch-go-by-lose-90-games-theory.

Darn you DanO.
    Last edited by Heath; 03-31-2006 at 01:00 PM.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44
    RHP Tommy Phelps was just released... didn't know where to put it, but Marc's reporting it on his blog.
    He's actually a lefty... that's the "Crafty Lefty" guy who had a handful of good outings against the Reds while he was a Florida Marlin a couple of seasons ago. The Reds have enough starting pitchers ticketed for AAA that they don't need the veteran.

Top of the 1st:

Menechino grounds out to SS.

EE and Griffey K.
    Last edited by pahster; 03-31-2006 at 01:17 PM.

Bottom of the 1st:

Sizemore walks on a full count.

Michaels hits a ball right at Menechino that takes a crazy hop, ends up with a double.

Wild pitch, Sizemore scores, Michaels to third.

Peralta Ks, 1 out.

Hafner grounds out to 1B, Michaels scores. 2 outs.

Martinez flies out to CF. 3 outs. 2-0 Indians.

Reds now lead 4-2; top 2

Bannon homered off Cliff Lee.

Top of the 2nd:

Dunn lines a single down the RF line, Blake cuts it off pretty well. The announcers reflect on the evils of strikeouts.

Valentine doubles into the LF corner, Dunn to 3rd.

Buchanan grounds out to SS, runners hold. 1 out.

Abad singles to left, Dunn scores, Valentine to 3rd.

3 run HR to left by Bannon! Indians announcers say that Cincinatti's starting SS is Rich Aurilia.

Hopper with a bunt single.

Menechino walks, Hopper to second.

EE grounds out to 1B. Runners advance. It would have been a rather manly at bat had it gotten past the fielder. 2 outs.

Griffey up. Play by play announcer refers to the Reds as "the Red Sox." He grounds out to 2B, 3 outs. 4-2 Reds.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pahster
    Top of the 2nd:

3 run HR to left by Bannon! Indians announcers say that Cincinatti's starting SS is Rich Aurilia.
    Must be using last year's media guide. maybe they will talk about the big acquisition of Ramon Ortiz

would someone please fill me in on who the heck is Jeff Bannon.

Turn Off Ads?