Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Game Thread 3/31 at Indians

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Re: Game Thread 3/31 at Indians

Kent Mercker pitching the ninth for the Reds, and he walks Kelly Shoppach to lead off the inning. Eduardo Perez pinch-hits.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I'm not worried about Claussen's lame last two outings; after all, he faced the Indians twice, a pretty potent/patient offensive club. It happens.
    Did Clausen actually pitch that bad today.? It sounds like a bad hop cost him 2 runs in the 1st inning, and he only surrendered 1 more. It couldn't have been as bad as all that was it?

The "dairy air" in your ice cream joke was actually funny about a thousand times ago that I heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    Did Clausen actually pitch that bad today.? It sounds like a bad hop cost him 2 runs in the 1st inning, and he only surrendered 1 more. It couldn't have been as bad as all that was it?
    I didn't like the inning where he loaded the bases with a pair of walks and a hit batsman. Those are types of lapses that lead to big innings and turn a good outing into a loss.

Bottom of the 9th:

Kent Merker in to pitch and faces Shoppach who takes a walk.

Perez - Asadoorian makes a nice attempt on a foul ball in right, but he can't quite get to it. Perez shows his manly nature by poking an opposite field single. Runners on 1st and 2nd.

Vasquez - singles up the middle, a run scores, runners on 1st and 2nd. Rosales makes a nice attempt but can't quite get there.

Chris Delacruz in to hit. 4-6-3 double play, 2 outs. Runner on 3rd base.

Somebody (Sizemore?) flies out to CF. Had there been less than two outs, it would have been a sacrifice fly of epic proportions.

Reds win 10-4.

"This one belongs to the Reds."

It seems to me the Reds are hitting a lot of pitchers this year on teams. Either our subs are great or the pitching out there is lame. I understand it's spring training, but even the past few days. We seem to crush the ball and add on to the points and the other teams don't seem to get much off our RP. Maybe a good sign. Reds have the 2nd best record in spring. Maybe our minors isn't dead last as some of the reports have said. I don't know. Just something I"ve noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    The "dairy air" in your ice cream joke was actually funny about a thousand times ago that I heard it.
    And we'll be hearing it all season long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I'd just like to add that the "In between innings" bit provided in the PbP was the best thing going in this thread.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster
    Bottom of the 8th:

Wagner in to pitch. Hollandsworth grounds out to a new 2B. 1 out.

Peralta (I think) singles to left.

Hafner grounds into a 4-3 double play, 3 outs. 7-3 Reds.
    Efficient....Sweet!
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Just remember what Marty says about runs....it was an unearned run, but a run.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Just remember what Marty says about runs....it was an unearned run, but a run.
    Makes you wonder why someone like Immonium AD or Pepto Bismol hasn't bought in game air time with so much talk about runs in a broadcast? Instead of "Don't Stink This Summer," they could go with something like "the Reds have scored two runs here in the inning, and while we're talking about runs, what do you do when you're sliding into home and your shorts are full of foam? Try grabbing your bottle of (Immonium AD/Pepto Bismol) and after a uniform change, you'll be back on the field in no time."

Turn Off Ads?