Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: opening day / skywalk questions

  1. #1
    Oy Vey! Red in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    3,426

    opening day / skywalk questions

    does anyone know what time the gates will open? i wasn't sure if opening day made a difference...especially with the pres. in town.

    also, does anyone know if you can walk from the hyatt to the ballpark without going up/down those steep inclined streets? i've been in the skywalk before, but can't remember how close it will take you to the park...i'm trying to see if my dad will be able to walk there and back without all the inclines or if we'll need to get a cab...if we need a cab, is there a good section at the park to pick one up?

    thanks and are you locals hearing any better news about the weather forecast?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,000

    Re: opening day / skywalk questions

    RIC, my personal advice is to always get the cab. It's just money, and cabbies know the best places to drop you off and can get you there with the least amount of hassle.

    Just bring a wipie to to scrub down the seats with.
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

  4. #3
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,336

    Re: opening day / skywalk questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago
    does anyone know what time the gates will open? i wasn't sure if opening day made a difference...especially with the pres. in town.

    also, does anyone know if you can walk from the hyatt to the ballpark without going up/down those steep inclined streets? i've been in the skywalk before, but can't remember how close it will take you to the park...i'm trying to see if my dad will be able to walk there and back without all the inclines or if we'll need to get a cab...if we need a cab, is there a good section at the park to pick one up?

    thanks and are you locals hearing any better news about the weather forecast?
    Gates open around 10 something.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  5. #4
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,000

    Re: opening day / skywalk questions

    By the way, RIC, your city is cold. Went up and spent some time in Schaumberg (?) and darn near froze myself silly. I'm so used to Tampa that I was chattering the entire time I was outside.

    Spent some time at Gameworks, the Crab House, and ate at some pizza joint...Lou something's....it looked like it was converted from a house.
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

  6. #5
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,570

    Re: opening day / skywalk questions

    No skywalk goes to the stadium, and I'm not sure but I had read in the paper where they were going to be tearing down all the skywalks.
    Go Gators!

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,835

    Re: opening day / skywalk questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Gates open around 10 something.
    I thought my ticket said the game started at 2:10 pm so wouldn't the gates open at 12:10 pm? Definately not saying your wrong, this is just different than the past. I'm in Columbus and don't get to read the local papers so maybe they are doing something different this year to alleviate crowds (?), but I've been to 3 OD's in the last 10 years and it's usually been 2 hrs before.

  8. #7
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,336

    Re: opening day / skywalk questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    I thought my ticket said the game started at 2:10 pm so wouldn't the gates open at 12:10 pm? Definately not saying your wrong, this is just different than the past. I'm in Columbus and don't get to read the local papers so maybe they are doing something different this year to alleviate crowds (?), but I've been to 3 OD's in the last 10 years and it's usually been 2 hrs before.
    It's 10whatever this year cause of Bush throwing out the 1st pitch.

    They are also performing a full body cavity search on everyone.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  9. #8
    Oy Vey! Red in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: opening day / skywalk questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    By the way, RIC, your city is cold. Went up and spent some time in Schaumberg (?) and darn near froze myself silly. I'm so used to Tampa that I was chattering the entire time I was outside.

    Spent some time at Gameworks, the Crab House, and ate at some pizza joint...Lou something's....it looked like it was converted from a house.

    dom, it doesn't get nearly as cold here anymore as it used to...heck, we barely get any snow anymore...how was shaw's crab house? i drive by it practically every weekend, but have never eaten there before...the pizza place is lou malnati's...they're "famous" for chicago style deep dish pizza...which to me, is not really pizza...give me a thin crust pizza any day...

  10. #9
    Oy Vey! Red in Chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: opening day / skywalk questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Just bring a wipie to to scrub down the seats with.
    you got that right

    oh, and some oust or lysol for the not so friendly aroma:

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,835

    Re: opening day / skywalk questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    It's 10whatever this year cause of Bush throwing out the 1st pitch.

    They are also performing a full body cavity search on everyone.
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I was planning on getting there around 11:30 or so but I think I will have to adjust that to 9:30 now. I know they don't do the normal BP on special occasions like Opening Day but have you heard if they will hit earlier where we would be able to watch (barring weather)?

  12. #11
    "Let's Roll" TeamBoone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,841

    Re: opening day / skywalk questions

    Gates open at 10 AM because of the pres being there.

    You can take the Skywalk from the Hyatt through the Omni and Tower Mall to through the Westin and into the Contemporary Arts building.... but it it all runs parallel between 5th and 4th... you'll come out on 4th not too far from the Cincinnati Bell building. It's a long walk... a cab would probably be better for your father.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

  13. #12
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,654

    Re: opening day / skywalk questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    It's 10whatever this year cause of Bush throwing out the 1st pitch.
    Wouldn't it be neat if when he did that, everyone in the stadium ducked?

    They are also performing a full body cavity search on everyone.
    Are they using civil service workers?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25