Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Daniel Cabrera

Daniel Cabrera

RHP for the Orioles

How highly regarded is he? I think he would be a good addition to the rotation if he could be had relatively cheap.

25 years old, this will be his 3rd season in the majors, and he is 6'7" 251 lbs

These two stats really made him stick out in my mind. 161.1 IP last year and only 144 hits. Also, his 157 strikeouts gave him a K/9 of 8.76... he has control problems, but it improved quite a bit from last year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Daniel Cabrera

He's very highly regarded -- most people consider him better than Bedard...

Think Dunn if you want to talk trade w/ the Orioles about Cabrera.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

uh yeah - I'd put Cabrera in the 'must trade monster star for' group. The Orioles are dumb, but not that dumb.

Then again, they did trade Denny Bautista, one of their Top 10 prospects, after his 2nd major league start up from AA, to KC for a 38 year old reliever. So take that with a grain of salt.

The guy is very highly regarded. Baseball America took a survey last year of the MLB players and he was rated, by the players, as having the nastiest fastball. I think with Mazzone he could be primed for a monster year.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Cabrera and Penn for Dunn, Weathers, and Dumatrait
    Last edited by RedLegSuperStar; 03-31-2006 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    Cabrera and Penn for Dunn and Weathers
    I know the Reds need pitching, but I keep Dunn no matter what the offer. He's one of those special players that only comes along once in a great while, and when they do you want them on your team.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

and when they do you want them on your team.
    Not only that, but players like Dunn last. Cabrera's star will rise and then fall shortly thereafter. These pitchers seem to come and go by the week.

Cabrera reminds me of a cross between Victor Zambrano and Matt Clement before he figured it out.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Turn Off Ads?