Thread: Reds Saturday Transactions

Re: Reds Saturday Transactions

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    walks aren't scrappy
    You mean manly.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think a guy like Cruz has the option to refuse the assignment doesn't he?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Does Cruz go to Louisville, or was he released?
    I think they may give him the choice.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

wagner should have been on the team, and burns is an 88mph flame thrower.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I like seeing Abad on the Roster. He's a guy who never really got a chance in Boston despite putting up excellent numbers in AAA (OBP regularly around .400)

If Hatteberg goes down, Abad can go to 1B. Way to roll the dice, Wayne!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

One thing that's guaranteed is that there will be changes.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    I noticed Abad walked 11 times in 46 at-bats. That's one stat that wont really change from ST to regular season. If he walk at a respectable pace he probably wont be the worst guy to have around since he will get on base at a respectable rate.
    I think this is a key point. If you look at Abad's minor league stats, he has always been a high OBP guy, some years over .400. Only modest power numbers, relatively few strikeouts, high walk totals.

Reminds me of --- Scott Hatteberg.

Perhaps this tells us something about Krivsky. Probably wants to reduce Reds strikeout totals on offense, have more high OBP guys, perhaps less emphasis on power. (Maybe Krivsky would't have been so fast to trade Casey.)

Thanks for all this info! Im really surprised about the Ryan Wagner deal but not really surprised about any of the other moves! Way to go Abad! Nice seeing someone who wants to prove themselves make it!

On his in game radio appearnace today, Mr. Krivsky was singing high praises of David Ross and all but declared that they plan on carrying 3 catchers when LaRue is ready to come back, so it looks (to me) like LaRue would take the spot they put Abad in.

As someone else said, this probably protects then from having to expose Buchanan to waivers and guarantees he will be available to bring up if a long term outfield opening happens. I guess the remaining question is does Denorfia only stay up until McCracken or Wise is ready to go?
    Last edited by jnwohio; 04-02-2006 at 03:43 AM.

I thought Buchanan wasn't on the 40 man roster, solely in the minor league camp (even without an invite to the camp). I'm not sure we expose him to waivers because he's signed to a minor league contract already.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    I thought Buchanan wasn't on the 40 man roster, solely in the minor league camp (even without an invite to the camp). I'm not sure we expose him to waivers because he's signed to a minor league contract already.
    I think what JNW meant was that IF Buchanan made the club out of ST they would have added him to the 40 and subsequently have to expose him to waivers when LaRue is brought off the 15 (or some other corresponding move). Now, he bides his time in AAA until Womack is released, Freel takes over 2nd full time, and a fifth outfielder is needed long term. OK, maybe I've put words in his mouth.
    This place use to be fun

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr
    I think what JNW meant was that IF Buchanan made the club out of ST they would have added him to the 40 and subsequently have to expose him to waivers when LaRue is brought off the 15 (or some other corresponding move). Now, he bides his time in AAA until Womack is released, Freel takes over 2nd full time, and a fifth outfielder is needed long term. OK, maybe I've put words in his mouth.
    I came in late and hadn't read everything. I see now.

BTW, great Kopapelli!

I have no complaints with Abad making this club. Either him or McCracken or Buchanan? It's not like the Reds are cutting Babe Ruth and Willie Mays to make room for him.

http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com...171764&id=2157

Reds signed LHP Darrell May to a minor league contract.
    The 33-year-old May would be another flyball pitcher fed to Great American, but new Reds GM Wayne Krivsky hardly seems concerned with groundball/flyball tendencies so far. May is primarily Triple-A depth anyway.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Just maybe Mr. Krivsky thinks it doesn't matter.... as long as these pitchers can actually strike guys out. And if that was the case, he'd be right.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?