Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds Saturday Transactions

Re: Reds Saturday Transactions

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10
    wagner should have been on the team, and burns is an 88mph flame thrower.
    yea, cause umpires call strikes based on what the radar says this year. this year, the home plate umpire wont even be on the field. he will be in a booth reading the gun. if its over 93, its a strike. anything less is a ball

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm happy to see Denorfia on the team. I'd be even happier if Dunn was at first and Denorfia was starting in left field.

Hopefully Wagner will pitch his way back onto the team. I'm not sold on Burns.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knuckler
    To understand the Abad move, I have to look a move ahead. When Wise and/or McCracken are back to full strength, I expect one of them to be added to the roster. I suspect Krivsky is more comfortable designating Abad for assignment at that time then Buchanon.
    That is exactly what has to happen. Abad will probably be around 10-15 days barring any further injuries.

Jacob Cruz... man life sucks sometimes.

Poor Buchanan. "Hey dude, we need you to hit above .700 to make this squad.... can you do that"? Something tells me he'll get picked up quick.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I'm hoping this one of those options/ownership moves. Wagner goes to Louisville to see if White is bad enough to DFA. If he's good enough they trade him in June and bring Wags back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Poor Buchanan. "Hey dude, we need you to hit above .700 to make this squad.... can you do that"? Something tells me he'll get picked up quick.
    I think Buchanan is strictly as case of not having to put him on the 40 man roster. He can be in the minors since he's signed to a minor league contract and he's available if we need to bring him up and force a roster move later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    I'm hoping this one of those options/ownership moves. Wagner goes to Louisville to see if White is bad enough to DFA. If he's good enough they trade him in June and bring Wags back up.
    I, and others, have said almost all ST that Wagner could use some time at AAA to iron things out to be an even better pitcher. We never should have rushed him in the first place. I think Ryan Wagner improves with time in AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com...171764&id=2157

Reds signed LHP Darrell May to a minor league contract.
    The 33-year-old May would be another flyball pitcher fed to Great American, but new Reds GM Wayne Krivsky hardly seems concerned with groundball/flyball tendencies so far. May is primarily Triple-A depth anyway.
    I think we need to remember that some of these guys they're grabbing and giving minor league contracts are just ways of filling out the minor league rosters and a chance to see if these guys can be resurrected. He's not taking a ML roster spot, so there's no risk whatsoever. It's basically Krivskey's safe way of taking a flyer on someone to see if they can help. Maybe they can't, but if they can return to form and the need arises, the cog is down there for us to use.

Turn Off Ads?