Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Okay...so every once in a while you gotta watch a chick-flick to keep her happy...

Okay...so every once in a while you gotta watch a chick-flick to keep her happy...

...so, I'm asking all you guys...

What do you recommend if you have to endure them every now and again?

My wife and I recently watched Just Like Heaven. And...actually, I liked it. Thumbs up (for a chick-flick).

Any others you'd recommend me adding to my Netflix queue that will keep my wife happy and me entertained?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Okay...so every once in a while you gotta watch a chick-flick to keep her happy...

A Walk to Remember and The Notebook head my list.

Re: Okay...so every once in a while you gotta watch a chick-flick to keep her happy...

I can't remember what the movie is actually called, but its about a woman living in Wal-Mart. I watched it with my girlfriend, and she was real happy that I sat through it, and I actually liked it..........................well just a little........
    Let's make some noise!

i think the one i was exposed to most recently was called "Like Water for Choclate." it's very well acted, but poorly dubbed. it's overly obvisous it was written by a lonely woman, but it has some very cool (and funny) moments.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

frida kicks butt -

They call me "chef"

Best chick flick, hands down: Equilibrium.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    ...so, I'm asking all you guys...

What do you recommend if you have to endure them every now and again?
    Abien. For the wife/GF, not you.

That way you can watch the John Wayne marathon.

Besides.... I don't make my wife "endure" sports when it's on. Why do I have to endure watching the Lifetime Movie Channel with her?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

University of Cincinnati

The Notebook is by far the best

Others: Just like Heaven and A Walk to Remember
    THE University of Cincinnati

Re: Okay...so every once in a while you gotta watch a chick-flick to keep her happy..

Propaganda films--my little comrade loves 'em.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Sex And The City is not a flick, but the uncut versions offer plenty for men to concentrate on.

House of Sand and Fog (starring Jennifer Connoly )

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules
    I can't remember what the movie is actually called, but its about a woman living in Wal-Mart. I watched it with my girlfriend, and she was real happy that I sat through it, and I actually liked it..........................well just a little........
    Where the Heart Is. And yes, we liked it a lot too.

We also agree with A Walk to Remember. Another one we liked a lot was A Lot Like Love.

Re: Okay...so every once in a while you gotta watch a chick-flick to keep her happy..

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Propaganda films--my little comrade loves 'em.
    Go Gators!

The Notebook, Terms of Endearment and Hope Floats are ones that I recommend. Those are just off the top of my head, I can come up with a lot more. I actually tend to like chick flicks myself...I'm weird that way.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Oh...here's another one I just thought of...

Return To Me

Turn Off Ads?