Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just when you think UC basektball can't get any worse

Re: Just when you think UC basektball can't get any worse

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    Rumors are he's headed to the ACC, Wake Forest to be exact. I guess he was expecting Skip to be named coach, like everyone else, and wasn't pleased when it didn't happen.
    I'da figured he would have headed with Huggins to K-St.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

There is major drama surrounding this situation right now. From Dave Berk, who has major connections to the UC atheltic department and runs the UC Scout site.

OK, sorry for not being on the board today. I've been at UC from 9:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. and then was driving to get my daughter from her grandmothers and just got home.

But the great thing about today's world is cell phones. I've been on the phones looking for more information. What I've come up with is the following.

After talking with an high official at UC about Devan this is what I know. UC at this time has no comment on Devan leaving the program. They've not heard from Mick about this and will not have any official word until then.

Knowing Dave Telep the way I do, you can trust what he's saying. He is the best in the industry for a reason.

I'm in the process of talking with Dave and getting more details on this as I type.

The one statement that Dave did make was that UC was going to fight to keep him. Devan may be getting pulled in many different directions at this time.

From what I'm hearing talking with several of my hoop sources is the following. There is much bad blood by those who were former coaches at UC and the one who is the new coach at UC.

When I have more I'll post.
    If Huggins was in contact with Downey while he's under scholarship to UC that is an NCAA violation. If Kennedy was whispering in Downey's ear to follow him to Ole Miss, while he was the coach of UC and Devan is under scholarship, that is also an NCAA violation.

Like I said, major drama around this right now. This story could get much bigger in the next 24 hours.

If Mick crossed Bob and Andy I hope the program crumbles. And fast.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    If Mick crossed Bob and Andy I hope the program crumbles. And fast.
    I'm a big fan of Bob's, but if he's recruiting a player that's under scholarship to another school he should be reported to the NCAA for that. That is ridiculous. Bob said he's moved on, lets hope that's true and he's not actively trying to sabotage UC's program. I would hope he would have enough respect for the fans that supported him for 16 years (and still support him) to not try something like that. The same goes for Andy Kennedy. Some current UC players are saying they had no idea Devan was thinking of leaving, along with some UC officials. Sounds like he's trying to run out the backdoor before anyone notices.

Something doesn't add up about this whole situation.

I doubt Bob was doing anything like that. I think Devan has a right to ask about Mick Cronin to the two people he respects the most. If Andy and Bob said bad things about Mick than is that wrong or the truth?

Maybe Devan found out about the way Andy and Bob were backstabbed and he decided that was enough.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I doubt Bob was doing anything like that. I think Devan has a right to ask about Mick Cronin to the two people he respects the most. If Andy and Bob said bad things about Mick than is that wrong or the truth?

Maybe Devan found out about the way Andy and Bob were backstabbed and he decided that was enough.
    If he had contact with Bob or Andy after Cronin was hired (Kennedy was an Ole Miss employee and Bob was a K-State employee at that point) they are going to be in some very hot water with the NCAA, that would be a rather serious violation.

The situation with Bob and Andy isn't anything new, it's been going on for months. According to Andy Kennedy he informed Mike Thomas he didn't want the UC job, so I'm not sure how he was stabbed in the back for a job he claims he didn't want. If Devan wanted to leave he shouldn't have gotten on TV and announced he's staying, talking about reasons why he wanted to stay, etc.

The best case scenario would be Downey to Wake Forest. That way, no speculation on Huggins and Kennedy trying to draw him away.

This may sound like an outside chance, but maybe Downey decided he wanted to play for the man who recruited him without no interference, or he decided he liked Kennedy enough to follow him to Ole Miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Any updates? Not finding this anywhere else on the web. I'm not saying that the various inside sources aren't legit, but...you'd think it would be all over Rosencrans' Bearcat blog, enquirer.com, etc. by now.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Bearcatnews.com is reporting it

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive
    Any updates? Not finding this anywhere else on the web. I'm not saying that the various inside sources aren't legit, but...you'd think it would be all over Rosencrans' Bearcat blog, enquirer.com, etc. by now.
    It's being kept quiet for the time being because Mick hasn't had a chance to speak with Devan yet and UC won't confirm it, but he has asked for, and been granted his release.

The guys who are reporting this don't screw around, they have major connections, it's legit.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    The best case scenario would be Downey to Wake Forest. That way, no speculation on Huggins and Kennedy trying to draw him away.

This may sound like an outside chance, but maybe Downey decided he wanted to play for the man who recruited him without no interference, or he decided he liked Kennedy enough to follow him to Ole Miss.
    Scooney Penn followed O'Brien to OSU.

I would like to see a game in which nobody showed up at Shoemaker, and they all sat outside with Nancy must go signs.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Someone needs to talk to Downey and tell him if he goes anywhere, he has to sit out for a year no matter what. He might as well stay here and wait through a rebuilding year, improve his skills, and lead the team in 2007-08.

In the end it is his decision, hopefully he will remember the fans that supported this team through it all.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo
    Someone needs to talk to Downey and tell him if he goes anywhere, he has to sit out for a year no matter what. He might as well stay here and wait through a rebuilding year, improve his skills, and lead the team in 2007-08.

In the end it is his decision, hopefully he will remember the fans that supported this team through it all.
    That's what doesn't make sense to me. Devan doesn't strike me as a guy willing to be a role player or backup, he wants to be the man on the floor. At UC he can have that, in the best conference in the country, he would be the leader of that team. If he transfers, he has to sit out a year, and he with the schools that are being mentioned in connection with him he probably wouldn't be the starting PG for any of them.

Retired

It's official now ladies and gents.

http://ucbearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-...040206aaa.html

Gonna be a rough year. I'm glad that I have KState to root for.

Turn Off Ads?