Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milton's line today vs Indians 5-3-1-1-2-9-0

Milton's line today vs Indians 5-3-1-1-2-9-0

CINCINNATI
    E Milton IP-5 H-3 R-1 ER-1 BB-2 K-9 HR-0

...and this was against mostly regulars.

Geez, wouldn't it be great if we had a fairly decent rotation this year?

If Junior, Dunn, and Kearns stay healthy?

Teams come out and surprise all the time... ...and I'm optimistic and excited.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Milton's line today vs Indians 5-3-1-1-2-9-0

Completely missed the game today, but that line, is, well, it's quite something. I was cringing as I opened the thread, wasn't expecting to see those numbers. At all.

If we get THAT Eric Milton this year, this team will surprise alot of people.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

got alil captain in u?

if we get that eric milton nobody on this board should have room to complain

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball
    Geez, wouldn't it be great if we had a fairly decent rotation this year?
    Yet another April Fools thread, I see.

Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I've said it before, the few times I've seen video of Milton throwing this spring, he looks like a completely different pitcher with a new delivery and everything. I think we'll see a big turnaround from him.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Man Pills

I don't think it will be Milton who does the surprising this year, but I do expect the Reds front office to chip away at the plaque of inaction that helped to squander this offense last season.

Hence my prediction of a .500 season, which, judging by virtually all of the other estimates, is pretty rosy--nay, optimistic?

My take is that things crest, though you're only able to see it if you step back away from the minutiae for a bit--the Reds are riding an ungodly offensive tide; all it's going to take is a bit of risk and a bit of trading opportunism to bank the tide in a winning direction. It can be done very, very quickly, if done right.

Check out Milton's spring numbers.

19 K's in 15.2 IP with 5 BB

Sure, he has a 5.17 ERA, but I think most of the 9 runs he gave up were in his first start.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Call me crazy (and I know somebody will)...but I think Milton is going have a solid season this year. I think he's going to win 13 or 14 games for us.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

It could just be because the season is under two days away, but I'm really feeling good about this team right now. Milton has been a very pleasant surprise. Harang and Claussen have been very good and Arroyo will be decent.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Well atleast there is reason this year to be optimistic , new owners who seem to actually care, and a gm who instead of sitting around doing nothing. Has embraced the idea of reconstruction.

Sad stuff really. Imagine if the Reds hadn't tried all off season to weaken the lineup? We might actually have something to look forward to.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

If he starts hot we need to deal him fast, his contract is a burden and he at his best won't be worth it.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    If he starts hot we need to deal him fast, his contract is a burden and he at his best won't be worth it.
    Exactly. Deal him as fast as you can.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Sad stuff really. Imagine if the Reds hadn't tried all off season to weaken the lineup? We might actually have something to look forward to.
    I do have something to look forward to. I didn't like all the moves... no one will ever agree with everything.

But I think the team is better, some players seem to be improved over last year, and IMHO, management/ownership has grown by leaps and bounds.

Until the numbers tell me otherwise, I have hope.

Hope springs eternal and opening day is two days away for Pete's sake!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?