Thread: Final Four Thread

Re: Final Four Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Congrats Krono.
    Yep.

I've got to admit, as a UK fan, I am excited to see Florida win one for the SEC and for Billy Donovan. How I wish Billy was coaching the Big Blue right now.

Congrats to Krono.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Congrats Krono! Enjoy the moment! Because................

UK will be back!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I am quite sure that Hogtown nearly burned to the ground last night. If anybody can post pictures of the insanity that occurred at the corner of University Avenue & 13th Street, I would love to see them. For a change, the best and most dominant team won it all. It is ironic that the most boring games of the tourney were reserved for Indianapolis.

LOL @ this. Check out the only state saying Joakim Noah should go pro.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/index
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    LOL @ this. Check out the only state saying Joakim Noah should go pro.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/index
    I've never been against a kid who could take the money and run because you never know what will happen and Noah's value probably won't be higher. But I think another year in college could really help his game out when he gets to the NBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

He impressed me with his rebounding. Another year will do him good to develop more of his game, but I got to give a kid credit for taking care of the boards first.

The championship game bored me though and I didn't watch after halftime. I caught the end of the womens final last night. Always fun to see Duke go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I've never been against a kid who could take the money and run because you never know what will happen and Noah's value probably won't be higher. But I think another year in college could really help his game out when he gets to the NBA.
    Right now, IMO, Noah is a top 5 pick.

Mine right now are-

1.LaMarcus Aldridge(PF-Texas)
    2.Joakim Noah(PF-Florida)
    3.Adam Morrison(SF-Gonzaga)
    4.Tyrus Thomas(PF-LSU)
    5.Rudy Gay(SF-UConn)

Right now, IMO, Noah is a top 5 pick.

Mine right now are-

1.LaMarcus Aldridge(PF-Texas)
    2.Joakim Noah(PF-Florida)
    3.Adam Morrison(SF-Gonzaga)
    4.Tyrus Thomas(PF-LSU)
    5.Rudy Gay(SF-UConn)
    WVRed: I agree with your top 5 but would like to know what you think about Allen Ray from Villanova. I think he would be a heck of a pro.

By the way, it looks like the SEC will be decimated by early departures once again, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    WVRed: I agree with your top 5 but would like to know what you think about Allen Ray from Villanova. I think he would be a heck of a pro.

By the way, it looks like the SEC will be decimated by early departures once again, eh?
    Right now, Ray is listed as a mid second rounder. He is 6'2, so he obviously wouldnt be a very big SG. His floor vision is suspect, so I can't see him running the point. I think Randy Foye, who should be a lottery pick, is going to be a better player than Ray in the NBA.

I think that Noah, love him or hate him, is going to be special. He is getting a bad rap for not weighing enough, but he is 6'11 220, same as Kevin Garnett, who last time I checked is dominating the NBA. Every single facet of Noah's game elicits comparisons to KG. Tyrus Thomas on the other hand reminds me of Stromile Swift. If Thomas is converted to a SF, he might have a chance, but he is way too undersized for a PF.

On a more interesting note, id like to see Big Baby play in the NBA someday. He may be undersized at 6'8, but his size would create matchup problems. If he could drop some weight, I see him as a possible Charles Barkley.

Right now, Ray is listed as a mid second rounder. He is 6'2, so he obviously wouldnt be a very big SG. His floor vision is suspect, so I can't see him running the point. I think Randy Foye, who should be a lottery pick, is going to be a better player than Ray in the NBA.

I think that Noah, love him or hate him, is going to be special. He is getting a bad rap for not weighing enough, but he is 6'11 220, same as Kevin Garnett, who last time I checked is dominating the NBA. Every single facet of Noah's game elicits comparisons to KG. Tyrus Thomas on the other hand reminds me of Stromile Swift. If Thomas is converted to a SF, he might have a chance, but he is way too undersized for a PF.

On a more interesting note, id like to see Big Baby play in the NBA someday. He may be undersized at 6'8, but his size would create matchup problems. If he could drop some weight, I see him as a possible Charles Barkley.
    You may be right about Ray's size, but I think he's simply a ball player. That'll show at the tryout camps. You think mid-second round? I see possibly late first--which, by the way, is in the same area I see Rondo going. He's no lottery pick on anybody's board. Rondo "claims" an NBA team official told him he would be the first point guard selected in the draft. I would love to know which official this was so that he could be drug tested immediately.

It's hysterical to hear people in Lexington talk about Noah. In one year, he became the most despised opponent in years. Ironically, he plays the game the exact way that fans in Rupp applaud. If he wore UK blue, they would be building statues of Noah outside the arena.

I was kinda suprised to hear that Big Baby was coming back to LSU for his Junior year. He made many fans during their Final Four run and his stock may not ever be higher (much like teammate Thomas and UF's Noah). The comparison to Barkley is a good one (other than Davis' likeable demeanor) because of his explosive first step. It is amazing to see what he can do with that frame of his--by the way, 310lbs. doesn't begin to touch what he actually weighs IMO.

I still think that the play when Davis stole the ball from Rondo in the open court (then went coast to coast to draw the foul--salting away the LSU victory) was one of the most impressive plays I have ever seen from a big man.

Turn Off Ads?