Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLB Extra Innings ??

MLB Extra Innings ??

I received a post card today from DTV telling me that my regional network no longer has the rights to bring me the Reds games as a Home Team, and I can find them on channels 734-749 with a sub to MLB EXTRA INNINGS. I live in Memphis Tn and the Reds for as long as there has been a MLB Extra Innings has been considered a Home Team for the Memphis Tn area, along with the Braves and Cardinals. I have been able to sub to the sports channels and watch the games on 638 which is Fox Sports Cinn. I call DTV and they cannot tell me who the blackout teams are for my area (amazing IMO). I was wondering if anyone else that has been blacked out in their area, that live outside the cinny area received such a card. I do not want to pay 160.00 for MLB Extra Innings and then see the famous This game is blacked out in your area flach across my screen. MLBTV.com is still showing the Reds as our Home team, but the rep there said DTV may have changed the markets. ANother ? is on the free preview do the games black out in the 700 channels. Any help or words of wisdom would be appriciated. I want to see as many Reds Games as possible and if they have indeed dropped from the Memphis market that means I will get far more games with MLB extra innings. But since no one at DTV seems to know what teams will be blacked out here I am stuck as to what to do
    Thx Ted

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB Extra Innings ??

Redram,

In past years the first week of the season has been free with extra innings. That should give you the chance to see if it is blacked out in your area before you buy.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Redram:

Right there with you, altho I have ponied up for the local channels and the whole package, so I should be covered. I will let you know what I get (38117 area code btw, nice that there is another die hard down this way...)

Also, I am worried that it will somehow be blacked out on 734-749 for us in Memphis as a local team but NOT available "locally". Not very happy with this, but won't panic until I see how it plays out.

Redram,

This week is a free preview week on Extra Innings. From April 3rd to the 9th the games will be on free so you can see whether the Reds are blacked out or not. Also if you are ordering Extra Innings order before April 10th or the price will go up another $20.

you are better off with them not being your home team. That way you will get all of the Reds games that are being televised. Except for those of your home team, then if you have the cardinals, it will not matter because all of the cardinal games are pretty much televised. My home team is the marlins, so I get all of the televised Reds games, regardless who they play, unless it is the marlins, then i will get them if the marlin network is televising t hem

No doubt you are correct, ed, I wish they were NOT the home team down this way, as we lose 40 or so games a year because of it.

But, my concern now is that we will somehow lose an additional set of games because of this change. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    No doubt you are correct, ed, I wish they were NOT the home team down this way, as we lose 40 or so games a year because of it.

But, my concern now is that we will somehow lose an additional set of games because of this change. We'll see.

That is my worries also. That it will no longer be carried on channel 638 and still be blacked out in the 700's. I am gonna call Time Warner Monday and ask them if the Reds games will be carried. If they are coming in during the free preview on cable then it is a great chance They will also be seen after the preview is over. Last year even during the free preview, the games on Time Warner's MLB package were blacked out for the Reds

good luck getting a lucide answer about anything from time warner customer service. they just don't seem to have any inof handy but what you can find on their website. I had a hell of time trying to get the michigan/ohio state game last year.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?