Turn Off Ads?

Thread: CIA to hire Dr.Phil as Consultant for War on Terror

CIA to hire Dr.Phil as Consultant for War on Terror

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/features/suspects/61302

CIA WANTS DR. PHIL
    That sly "How's that working for you?" grin gets 'em every time.

By DEBBIE FANATIA

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The CIA is so impressed by Dr. Phil's interrogation techniques they're interested in hiring him as a consultant. They've yet to interrogate the man himself, as they are still gathering information.

"Watch his show," said a top CIA official. "He seems so homey and touchy-feely until it gets down to the nittygritty. His lectures to his guests are ball-breakers, and he always ends with, 'so what's it gonna be?' and they give it up. Instantly."

With the government's problems in Abu Ghraib and Gitmo, they're looking for a kinder, gentler approach, but of course they need results. "Our reputation has suffered some damage lately, there's no doubt. Hiring everybody's buddy as a top consultant could help that, but the real goal is to find out how he pulls all that information from people, in front of a live audience, and broadcasts to millions. He gets them to admit things I wouldn't say out loud if I was all alone in my bathroom."

The official says the government has studied endless tapes of his show, but they just can't nail the technique. "We think he could teach us how to suck them in with that sly 'How's that working for you?' grin. The detainees aren't tough enough to withstand that, followed by the blow to their psychological security when he launches into a tirade when he gets less than the truth. The unrelenting lecture, the flailing arms, leaning in real close to the subject with his fist on his knee, that abrupt switch will break them. That's the key."
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: CIA to hire Dr.Phil as Consultant for War on Terror

They don't call them Supermarket tabloids for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?