Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dayton: ONE-LEGGED MAN SUES STORE FOR MAKING HIM BUY A PAIR OF SHOES

Dayton: ONE-LEGGED MAN SUES STORE FOR MAKING HIM BUY A PAIR OF SHOES

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/conspiracies/61528

ONE-LEGGED MAN SUES STORE FOR MAKING HIM BUY A PAIR OF SHOES

By SCOTT STEVENS

DAYTON, Ohio -- An Ohio man with only one leg is suing a major shoe store for forcing him to buy a pair of shoes, when he only needs one.

Stanley Steuben, 38, lost his left leg in a hunting accident three years ago. He told Weekly World News that he's adjusted to having only one leg, except for one thing.

"Whenever I go into a shoe store, I'm humiliated and discriminated against," he said. "The shoe salesman asks what I'm looking for, and I tell him I'd like a 'right' shoe. He invariably tells me that they don't sell just one shoe, I have to buy a pair.

"The thing is, I'm wasting tons of money. Do you know what shoes cost? A good pair is well over $70. That's $35 on a left shoe I'm buying that I'll never use.

"And then I buy sneakers, sandals, casual shoes, etc. I'm throwing out hundreds of dollars a year."

Steuben filed his suit against Worldwide Walkers, a major shoe store chain, for $250,000.

A lawyer for the company said, "Obviously a shoe store can't sell one shoe. We'd be stuck with trying to sell the other shoe to a onelegged man with the same size and width. "Steuben doesn't have a leg to stand on."
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dayton: ONE-LEGGED MAN SUES STORE FOR MAKING HIM BUY A PAIR OF SHOES

He needs to find another 1 legged man and split the cost.
    Go Gators!

Re: Dayton: ONE-LEGGED MAN SUES STORE FOR MAKING HIM BUY A PAIR OF SHOES

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    He needs to find another 1 legged man and split the cost.
    Actually there is such a thing. I went to college with a girl who lost her leg in a riding mower accident (parents, never take your kids for rides on the mower while the blade is engaged).

http://www.oddshoe.org/
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?