Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    You have to be kidding me. When I say Favre is done I am not basing it on last year alone. More like the last 4 years. Favre should have retired the night he cost his team the season in the playoffs, in Philadelphia. I or anyone else on here could have picked off the gimme he threw to Brian Dawkins.

    Throughout his career Favre has always tried to play outside of his skills, sometimes it makes him look great, but more recently, because of his age and declining skills it has made him look terrible. I know he didnt have much help last year, but he has in years past and Brett has always had to be the guy that tried to squeeze the ball in between 3 defenders in the secondary. It is over for Brett and has been for awhile, the longer he plays the more of a joke this will become.
    Years 2001-2004
    Comp. % Yards TD INT Rating

    2001 61.6 3921 32 15 94.1

    2002 61.9 3658 27 16 85.6

    2003 65.4 3361 32 21 90.4

    2004 64.1 4088 30 17 92.4

    Those stats are VERY respectable. Compare them with his career averages or 61.5% Completions, 3829.6 Yards, 28 TD, 18 INT, and a career 86.0 Rating. Now unless your going to argue with me that he has not had a Hall of Fame career, then your statements are without reason. You say you don't base them on one year, but then turn around and base them on one game. What is the reasoning behind that? Not only that, but the game you are talking about is a PLAYOFF game. That means Brett got them to the playoffs. You are confusing personal opinion with facts. The fact is that Brett has led a Hall of Fame career, and his numbers did not fall off until last year, when the team was in complete disarray, and to say the team wasn't a mess last year is just ignorant. (not saying you did) Every other year Favre has had quality players around him.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Dunnilicious creek14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Beavercreek
    Posts
    11,774

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    I'm just glad he has been able to overcome that sensitive teeth issue.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

  4. #18
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I'm just glad he has been able to overcome that sensitive teeth issue.
    As a former Vicodin fan, I'm sure that dental hygene wasn't always a priority to Brett...(dodges rotten tomatoes)
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  5. #19
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,710

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Dear Bret

    Please Retire.

    Love, other NFC teams.
    Go Gators!

  6. #20
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Dear Bret

    Please Retire.

    Love, other NFC teams.
    Dear Bret:

    Please ignore Krono and return to Green Bay for one more 25+ interception year.


    Kisses,

    All NFC Central Defensive Backs in their free agent "walk years"


    P.S. Go Gators!
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  7. #21
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,710

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Go Gators!
    Word.
    Go Gators!

  8. #22
    Member kbrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,342

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed
    Years 2001-2004
    Comp. % Yards TD INT Rating

    2001 61.6 3921 32 15 94.1

    2002 61.9 3658 27 16 85.6

    2003 65.4 3361 32 21 90.4

    2004 64.1 4088 30 17 92.4

    Those stats are VERY respectable. Compare them with his career averages or 61.5% Completions, 3829.6 Yards, 28 TD, 18 INT, and a career 86.0 Rating. Now unless your going to argue with me that he has not had a Hall of Fame career, then your statements are without reason. You say you don't base them on one year, but then turn around and base them on one game. What is the reasoning behind that? Not only that, but the game you are talking about is a PLAYOFF game. That means Brett got them to the playoffs. You are confusing personal opinion with facts. The fact is that Brett has led a Hall of Fame career, and his numbers did not fall off until last year, when the team was in complete disarray, and to say the team wasn't a mess last year is just ignorant. (not saying you did) Every other year Favre has had quality players around him.
    Thats part of the problem with Favre supporters. When Green Bay makes the playoffs he got them there. When Green Bay wins 4 games he has no talent around him. And it is really not just that one playoff game, its every big game he has played in since then. He continues to try and be the hero everytime and you cant be a great NFL quaterback like that, at least not at his age and in this era. He has an ego problem and is showing now more then ever what a fraud he is. Calling Walker out last year and others in the past for not showing up for camp on time and now he is putting the Packers front office and his teammates in a real tight situation. I know I sound real bitter, I just get sick of the free pass Favre gets. If Brady or any other QB outside of maybe Peyton Manning made some of the dumb plays Favre gets they would get ripped by everyone.

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    Thats part of the problem with Favre supporters. When Green Bay makes the playoffs he got them there. When Green Bay wins 4 games he has no talent around him. And it is really not just that one playoff game, its every big game he has played in since then. He continues to try and be the hero everytime and you cant be a great NFL quaterback like that, at least not at his age and in this era. He has an ego problem and is showing now more then ever what a fraud he is. Calling Walker out last year and others in the past for not showing up for camp on time and now he is putting the Packers front office and his teammates in a real tight situation. I know I sound real bitter, I just get sick of the free pass Favre gets. If Brady or any other QB outside of maybe Peyton Manning made some of the dumb plays Favre gets they would get ripped by everyone.

    How can you argue that Favre had no talent around him last year. Every year the Packers have made the playoffs, they had players around Favre to make plays. That is the case for any QB in the league. Brady didn't single handedly take the Patriots to the playoffs, neither did Peyton Manning, and neither did Favre. I will give you that, but each of those QB's led them there. Without the talent around them, a QB can only do so much. I'm not saying Favre was the only reason that the Packers made the Playoffs, but he is definately a big reason. The QB is the leader of the team after all. As far as trying to make too many big plays, that how he got to where he is. The only difference is like I said before, he doesn't have the talent at the other end of the plays to complete them. You don't get 90+ QB ratings by accident. If he was really making too many bad plays, it would have shown in his stats. You can say they just came at bad times, thats fine, but that doesn't make him a fraud!

    How is he putting the Packers in a tight spot? They are not pushing him because they know they have a QB ready to go if Favre decides he doesn't want to come back. Your being kidding yourself if you think that the Packers aren't preparing as if he is not coming back. Rodgers will be ready if Favre retires. Favre has every right to call out players who don't show up for camps. He is the leader of the team, a veteran, and has never missed a camp. He has put his time in.

    I have never seen Favre get a free pass that any other QB of his caliber haven't gotten. He is ripped all of the time for his play. I hear it because I root for Favre, just like you don't because you don't root for him. Its all about perspective. I'm not ignorant enough to say he dosen't get a lot of support, I know thats not true. I just don't think its enough because I think he should get more, just like you don't hear enough criticism. If you think Tom Brady doesn't recieve the same support as Favre, and gets just as many "free passes," you're kidding yourself again.

  10. #24
    Member kbrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,342

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Tom Brady is getting there with the free passes thing. However he is still playing at a caliber that Favre quit playing at long ago. There is not an announcer on ESPN that would not sleep with Favre. Its like Vitale and Duke, its disgusting. Just out of curiousity where would you rank Favre among active QB's I dont need stats and everything, but if you had a team for one season how many QB's would you take in front of Favre?

  11. #25
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    Tom Brady is getting there with the free passes thing. However he is still playing at a caliber that Favre quit playing at long ago. There is not an announcer on ESPN that would not sleep with Favre. Its like Vitale and Duke, its disgusting. Just out of curiousity where would you rank Favre among active QB's I dont need stats and everything, but if you had a team for one season how many QB's would you take in front of Favre?
    I think the announcers fawning over Favre all began with Madden many years ago. The whole "gun slinger" mantra got old very, very fast for me.

    If you are asking about current QBs I would take over a current Favre, it would be about 1/3 of the league--no exaggeration. He simply gives his opponents more scoring opportunities at this point than he does the Packers.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  12. #26
    Member kbrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,342

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    His games on Sunday nights on ESPN were the worst. Maguire and Theisman worshiping Favre sounded like a couple Redzoners worshiping Dunn. It can pretty damn scary from time to time. Especially when Theisman was talking of Favre in a way that only Creek talks of Dunn.

  13. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    Tom Brady is getting there with the free passes thing. However he is still playing at a caliber that Favre quit playing at long ago. There is not an announcer on ESPN that would not sleep with Favre. Its like Vitale and Duke, its disgusting. Just out of curiousity where would you rank Favre among active QB's I dont need stats and everything, but if you had a team for one season how many QB's would you take in front of Favre?
    First off, what you said about annoucers on ESPN that would sleep with Favre, that is the best laugh i've had in a while. Thats just classic. Secondly, before this goes to far, just so you know kbrake, I have no beef with you, I just enjoy debating, and I hope you take nothing I have said personal. I respect your opinion, and know mine is no more important than yours. Thanks for being such a good sport, and your staying away from personal attacks speaks to your character. Cheers

    Back to the topic at hand. If I had a team, the QB I chose would depend on the makeup of the team. But that really doesn't answer the question as to wether Favre should play anymore. The situation the Packers are in is the most important part. Bret still has some average years left in him. You don't know what you have with Rodgers. I would take Bret over Rodgers right now, if your talking purely about talent, and a better chance to win. However, the Packers are clearly in a rebuilding mode. If your going to rebuild, you might as well fully commit to it. I think Bret sees that the Packers are rebuilding, and he will do the right thing and step aside. That doesn't however take away from the fact that the Packers at least owe him the chance to come back for another season if he so chooses after all Bret has done for them. I don't see his decision taking too much longer, seeing that the Packers aren't going to do much more in the way of player movement, which is what Bret was waiting for. I anticipate him retiring, but who really knows? The hardest thing for a player seems to be retiring after a poor season. He won't hurt the organization by waiting too long to make a decision, I would bet everything I own on that.

  14. #28
    Member kbrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,342

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed
    First off, what you said about annoucers on ESPN that would sleep with Favre, that is the best laugh i've had in a while. Thats just classic. Secondly, before this goes to far, just so you know kbrake, I have no beef with you, I just enjoy debating, and I hope you take nothing I have said personal. I respect your opinion, and know mine is no more important than yours. Thanks for being such a good sport, and your staying away from personal attacks speaks to your character. Cheers
    Could not have said it any better. I have taken nothing personal and have really enjoyed this conversation.

  15. #29
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,097

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Hey, Brett: thanks for the advice about worrying about baseball instead of this continuing soap opera, but I can multi-task and care about both. Make up your mind already! And don't call a press conference to say you still don't know!

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5484602

  16. #30
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,534

    Re: Anyone else getting tired of this Bret Farve saga?

    Favre is starting to make Hamlet look decisive.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25