C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

My hand at a slobber knocker

Reds get-
    3B-Miguel Cabrera

Marlins get-
    SP-Homer Bailey
    3B-Edwin Encarnacion
    OF-BJ Szymanski

Are we overpaying? Probably. However, the thought of this lineup would be downright scary.

In a perfect world-

2B-Ryan Freel
    SS-Felipe Lopez
    CF-Ken Griffey Jr
    3B-Miguel Cabrera
    LF-Adam Dunn
    RF-Austin Kearns
    1B-Scott Hatteberg
    C-Jason LaRue/Javier Valentin

There is a chance Dontrelle Willis could be available as well, I honestly think we would have a better chance at Cabrera than Willis.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My hand at a slobber knocker

Include Willis on their side and Votto on our side and that trade would be hard to say no to.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

No way I would do that trade for only Cabrera. We need pitching...Cincy led the league in runs scored. And who's to say EE won't be a great 3B?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    No way I would do that trade for only Cabrera. We need pitching...Cincy led the league in runs scored. And who's to say EE won't be a great 3B?
    gotta agree. give away our best chance at a no. 1 pitcher when we already have a pretty solid looking 3B...gotta pass.

Change it from Cabrera to Willis and I'm in...throw Votto in too if they want.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Change it from Cabrera to Willis and I'm in...throw Votto in too if they want.
    Yes. No way I am trading our #1 pitching prospect for a hitter. I would do the deal for D-Train.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Don't trade Votto, the Reds need him now more than ever. He is their best chance to have a breakout season in the minors and come August he will be racking the ball in AAA. I just want him to take Hatteberg's spot on the roster for 2007.
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Reds get-
    3B-Miguel Cabrera

Marlins get-
    SP-Homer Bailey
    3B-Edwin Encarnacion
    OF-BJ Szymanski

Are we overpaying? Probably. However, the thought of this lineup would be downright scary.

In a perfect world-

2B-Ryan Freel
    SS-Felipe Lopez
    CF-Ken Griffey Jr
    3B-Miguel Cabrera
    LF-Adam Dunn
    RF-Austin Kearns
    1B-Scott Hatteberg
    C-Jason LaRue/Javier Valentin

There is a chance Dontrelle Willis could be available as well, I honestly think we would have a better chance at Cabrera than Willis.
    I don't think I would trade those 3 for anything right now. Let see what we got first.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Cabrera is way better than any of those guys, and if this trade ever went down I'd do a jig.

For those of us who are skeptical that Bailey and Szym will amount to anything, this seems like a very Cincy-friendly trade. Florida would never go for it.

Edwin's 1/2 season at Triple A was the first time he ever approached Cabrera's level of production. I like Edwin, but it's purely speculative to think he'll ever be in Cabrera's league.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

I wouldnt do that trade.

Bailey is to valuable to trade at this point for anyone that isnt a pitcher.
    Encarnacion can hold his own at 3rd. He is no Cabrera, but who is?
    Szymanski, he better start tearing the cover off the ball soon.

I don't have any blockbuster proposals, however, I do have a little list of trades that I would love to see Krivsky pull off. In my opinion, this would give the Reds a decent chance at competing for the Wildcard this season.

Reds deal 1B Joey Votto and RHP Elizardo Ramirez to the Colorado Rockies for 1B Ryan Shealy.

Reds deal RHP Ryan Wagner and OF B.J. Szymanski or 2B William Bergolla to the Mets for RHP Aaron Heilman.

Reds deal LHP Phil Dumatrait and PTBNL to Blue Jays for RHP Vince Perkins. Immediately send Perkins to Louisville and have Mario Soto work with him on that changeup.

2B Ryan Freel
    SS Felipe Lopez
    CF Ken Griffey Jr.
    LF Adam Dunn
    3B Edwin Encarnacion
    RF Austin Kearns
    1B Ryan Shealy
    C Jason LaRue

RHP Aaron Harang
    RHP Aaron Heilman
    LHP Brandon Claussen
    RHP Bronson Arroyo
    LHP Eric Milton

Another guy I would target is Arizona CF prospect Chris Young. A guy with 25/25 potential and Gold Glove caliber defense, Young would do wonders for the outfield defense.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 04-02-2006 at 11:45 PM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?