Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds fans=fair weather fans?

Re: Reds fans=fair weather fans?

The fans were frustrated like they had a right to be. I also think Dunn will have a solid year at the plate, I just pray that his fielding improves... I don't know how you can call us fair weather fans though, when we have stuck with the team, watch every game we can, and hope for the best every season, even though we haven't made the playoffs in 11 years.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Back to the subject of the thread:

1. If Reds fans were fairweather, there wouldn't be any.

2. Reds fans seemed more knowledgeable back in the day.

3. Nonetheless, Johnny Bench was occasionally booed. In his prime. For not being superhuman instead of merely great, I guess. That's something I never understood, not as a kid and not now.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I don't think it was near 8, and it's silly to say that if Dunn makes those plays that the rest of the game plays out exactly the same.

This one (to me) is on Narron and Krivsky, they are the ones who went out of the way to move him back to LF, even if that's what he wanted it was silly if they wanted to make the D better.
    No I am pretty sure it was around 8. However you are right, you have no idea if the exact same things happen if he makes the catches.

That being said, this game doesn't get nearly as much attention if it was not Opening Day. Wed. needs to get here fast. I hate off days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10
    The fans were frustrated like they had a right to be. I also think he will have a solid year at the plate, I just pray that his fielding improves. I don't know how you can call us fair weather fans though, when we have stuck with the team, watch every game we can, and hope for the best every season, even though we haven't made the playoffs in 11 years.
    You speak for yourself. All of us Redszoners are in a minority. We stick with the team through and through as you suggest. The majority of Reds fans do not. The majority of paying Reds fans were not at the ballpark during the 7th inning today. We didn't call you a fair weather fan. We suggested the rank and file were, however.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10
    No, I wasn't at the game, but the bottom line is he SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT IT! That play SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE!
    IT WAS A TOUGH PLAY! The wind shifted the ball 3 to 5 feet to the left of Dunn as it was coming down. Very tough play for anybody to make.

The only ball that the wind didn't really do anything to of the balls Dunn screwed up on, was the line drive that was hit right on him. I am not sure if if this is the play in debate, but even if the wind did shift it he was right there in position to catch it.

The rest were very difficult plays.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I wonder how much the official scorer factored in weather. Did Dunn get charged with any errors? Just one? It seemed like Marty said one was an error, but when I glanced at stats somewhere I don't think it showed any.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky bugle boy
    I wonder how much the official scorer factored in weather. Did Dunn get charged with any errors? Just one? It seemed like Marty said one was an error, but when I glanced at stats somewhere I don't think it showed any.
    Me thinks it was 2.

Thread over. Keep it on topic next time guys.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?